"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
That was fan-flippin-tastic! So happy! I also love the fake movie poster for "Green With Envy," especially the "felt" pun. Wokka wokka! November cannot come fast enough!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wasn't Rizzo in someone's hand?
It looked like a different rat to me. And it puzzles me that a group shot like that (with many main characters) could have a few generic rats but not Rizzo. Segal and Stoller should know Rizzo was around before Jim Henson's death. I think one of them said something about MTM being their favorite of the movies.

beaker

Reaction score
Dear goodness, Thog IS HUUUUGE. Was he this big on TMS? He makes Sweetums look little.

Anyways...

Well as expected, the people behind AICN are super excited(I agree with them, this and Tree of Life are my two most anticipated films this year) most the "talk back" folks are severely hating on the film and the Muppets/Muppet fans in general. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49752

Apparently, people can "leave the magic" sadly

Oh really? That's great that they've got Clifford there too!

It just seems odd so far that there's been no sight of Rizzo or Pepe so far, not even a glimpse in the teaser trailer.
Especially since for over a decade, Pepe and Rizzo were pushed and considered part of the innermost core of Muppets with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy and Animal. You'd think SOMEONE from Disney, JHC, or the puppeteers themselves would have said "Um, Jason...where's Pepe or Rizzo? These are some of our main guys".

It's really my only complaint, err that and the anachronistic outfits for the Muppets.

beaker

Reaction score
He's been one of the main characters because 1.) he's easy to write for because he says just about anything b.) the writers don't seem like they know or care to write for Rowlf d.) Barretta didn't seem he knew how to handle Rowlf since he isn't feature heavily, so he goes with a character he's comfortable with which is Pepe. Plus Pepe is easier to handle since he's small compared to Rowlf who is a more bulky.

Pepe's good for a side character for this movie, which I hope he is and the writers let the main muppet cast from the Muppet Show and the first three movies shine.

If Rowlf is indeed being performed by Bill, then I can understand the lack of Pepe. Scooter finally found his perfect voice at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody, so I'm sure Rowlf will be back to good form. I mean yeah, truth be told it wasn't right Rowlf and Scooter were relegated to the storage locker the last two decades. Rowlf especially, he was one of the main Muppets since the early 60's...for a time he and Kermit were the main two. My mom had fond memories of Rowlf in the early 1960's. so yeah, Im glad Rowlf is back in a prominent role with Bill at the helm.

I'm sure Pepe will have a creative scene stealing part. Also Pepe is perfect for ad libbing for unscripted live interviews, same with Kermit

zns

Reaction score
This is just incredible. I would love to hear some reaction from people like Jerry Nelson and especially Frank Oz.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If Rowlf is indeed being performed by Bill, then I can understand the lack of Pepe. Scooter finally found his perfect voice at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody, so I'm sure Rowlf will be back to good form. I mean yeah, truth be told it wasn't right Rowlf and Scooter were relegated to the storage locker the last two decades. Rowlf especially, he was one of the main Muppets since the early 60's...for a time he and Kermit were the main two. My mom had fond memories of Rowlf in the early 1960's. so yeah, Im glad Rowlf is back in a prominent role with Bill at the helm.

I'm sure Pepe will have a creative scene stealing part. Also Pepe is perfect for ad libbing for unscripted live interviews, same with Kermit
I hope they include my favorite gag from when the first draft was leaked (When the Muppets serparate, Rowlf is working at a Kinko's run by cats). If Pepe appears, I image he'd be tied up with something else, like getting stuck on a platter.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He's been one of the main characters because 1.) he's easy to write for because he says just about anything b.) the writers don't seem like they know or care to write for Rowlf d.) Barretta didn't seem he knew how to handle Rowlf since he isn't feature heavily, so he goes with a character he's comfortable with which is Pepe. Plus Pepe is easier to handle since he's small compared to Rowlf who is a more bulky.

Pepe's good for a side character for this movie, which I hope he is and the writers let the main muppet cast from the Muppet Show and the first three movies shine.
I think Pepe's been around so much because Bill really likes performing him. Pepe's dynamics hadn't truly been explored, but now they appear to have been over-exploited. He's popular and fun and his saltiness instantly separates the Muppets from the Sesame crowd. He was the bridge between then-and-now. This movie is trying to remedy that so that's moot, but Pepe's still relevant. I think he deserves a little more screen time than Sam or the Swedish Chef but a teensy bit less screen time than Gonzo, Rowlf or Scooter. That's my opinion anyway. :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
who the heck is the "lady pig" in the trailer next to scooter? right before Jason Segel says "Wait theres Muppets in this move?" :confused::confused:

PS..stilling LOVING the clip with Gonzo ripping his shirt off on the roof with camella next to him! hehe