"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Reading DW's post above me, it reminds me of when I first joined Muppet Central Forums in November 1998...had no idea it would be THIRTEEN years to the day almost that I'd have to wait for the glorious return of the Muppets(ok, sure later the next year we had MFS...but that ultimately wasn't as rewarding as it could be)

Right now...we're at the potential to be where Star Wars community fans were in 1993-1997...right before the special editions and phantom menace. Prior to that, by the 1990's Star Wars fandom was more underground. Muppet fandom has long been underground. I'm shocked when people know even just a few of the Muppet names...never have I met an *actual* fan in real life out and about(tho I once saw someone with a kermit tattoo)

It's indeed an exciting time. When we hit late summer and into fall with the insane media and marketing saturation with the Muppets by Disney...I can imagine many thought they never thought we'd end up where we are.
I agree with this.

I've absolutely never given or encouraged others to give blind support, however I start from a place of optimism. I just can't understand a lover of the Muppets starting with pessimism or a chronic skepticism as their default position. IE - it's gonna suck unless I see something indicating otherwise. There was another poster on this thread that came from that point of view and it's one that's very popular around the web among people who like the Muppets, but haven't necessarily followed their history as closely like most of us here.

Disney has been handling the Muppet remarkably well lately and I don't see them doing any better at the Henson Company seeing how difficult time the've had with the Fraggle and Dark Crystal movie projects. Even though the Disney Muppet history is spotty - - all current signs point to a comprehensive and methodical plan for positive growth. It appears to be all green lights for Kermit the Frog and company. I'd rather hope that's going to be the case then pick apart imaginary reasons of what could go wrong. That's just how my brain works. :smile:

kymie

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer and BEAR - I got my double sided Muppet poster today! There are a couple left on Ebay I think.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It also drives me crazy when haters go about saying that the Muppets can no longer be good because of such factors as the deaths of Jim Henson, Richard Hunt and Jerry Juhl and the lack of involvement from Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson, without realizing that even though the Muppet characters will live forever, their creators/performers will not. Also, people will want to move on to pursue other endeavors (Frank moving on to become a director) and people may even have to retire at some point for one reason or another (Jerry Nelson having to retire from puppetering for health reasons, etc.).
They aren't "haters," they are fans, just as much as you are. And you're both entitled to your opinions. ; )

But anyway, the teaser has convinced me to suggest to my friend that we should see the movie, so that's a positive start! :wink:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I am JUST now getting the joke of the humans' names. Gary and Mary? Heheheheheh ... someone likes fanfiction tropes.

The more I watch the trailer, the more I could kick myself for not thinking of the Muppets earlier than the "bait and switch". I mean, there's a CAR in the classroom. "Oh, I'm sorry, I can only take you as far as your class." The ample use of Kermit green, Mary wearing a dress with pink and Piggy glove-purple, Gary standing in a doorway that is obviously backstage at the Muppet Theater ... grrrr ... I should learn to be more observant. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We are at 904,351 views on Youtube in just three short days! Not bad Muppet fans

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It looks like it's finally here...The Muppets really ARE coming back to the big screen, and so am I to Muppet Central. I've been away from the forums for a while, but what better time to come back and discuss this momentus occassion in Muppet fandom.
BRYAN! Hello my friend! It's so good to see you! And it such an exciting time to be a Muppet fan, I whole heartedly agree! :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
That is an IMDB listing, however, and should be taken with a grain of salt. For example:

Peter Linz ... Walter (voice)

That said, this trailer made me grin so widely that the top of my head was in danger of sliding off. I was also happy to see lots of my friends sharing it on Facebook. I'm so looking forward to this movie, and will be lapping up any previews and sneak peeks we get.