Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi Peppsicola Pepper love, my famous blinking Beauregard image didn't blink anymore...sad times. However, now the picture space is bigger...maybe we can have some fun with cool avatars? It IS very Facebooky...but maybe everything one day will be Facebooky? Natural evolution? Also, maybe this will be a good way of preparing for the influx of new Members come Movie time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new Muppet Central Forum. Many months of work have gone into researching and finding the best forum software available for our needs now and in the future. We hope that you like the results. We believe that the more you use our new forum, the more you'll like it.

Must Read: Here is a thread that includes an overview of many of our new features...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/new-muppet-central-forum.47591/

Please discuss all of our new features and your thoughts on the upgrade here.
Can't you change the main site forum linkage on your side? I think you did that before.

Visually this page is confusing, not merely because it's new, but the eye goes absolutely everywhere and it's harder to tell what info is from posts what's quote, what's signature and where the posts start and end with just a glance. I do like the other embed options and lifting of restrictions, but those were all available on the other format too. Kind of makes me wonder if the settings could have been geared a little closer to what we had before so the change wasn't as abrupt. :confused:

I know it took people getting used to the move from Delphi and many never came back. I'm going to give it a good three days, but I'll probably finally defect and hang out here less. Good luck. Hope you get the linkage fixed.

As always, MCers are welcome to "friend" me on facebook. :wink:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I like the look, and I know I will be more comfortable with it when I change my avatar and learn how to use the system. Totally excited about being able to embed pics and videos in the posts!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Aww, Jamie. Don't think you should give up so easily. I know for sure that this place will take some getting used to -- but once we are there, it will be great. It's actually quite cool and feels like we have a new blank page to explore (and create!)

TSSD

Reaction score
This is cool. There are some things I definitely like, :smile:):wink::frown::confused::oops::shifty::insatiable:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I'm gonna need to get used to this. It feels like a whole new forum!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Visually this page is confusing, not merely because it's new, but the eye goes absolutely everywhere and it's harder to tell what info is from posts what's quote, what's signature and where the posts start and end with just a glance. I do like the other embed options and lifting of restrictions, but those were all available on the other format too. Kind of makes me wonder if the settings could have been geared a little closer to what we had before so the change wasn't as abrupt. :confused:
The post boxes need to be wider in reference to the size of the users' screen... especially when writing the posts. Maybe it's just me with a widescreen computer screen (I had to replace mine a year ago... but the old forum look managed to morph to the size of my screen pretty easily... like with much less of these black margins.

I will say the one good thing is the snappier posting time. But it's so hard to NOT watch a thread.

Also, I don't like how the forum jump is missing. I don't see why posting time is so fast, yet it takes so long to re-navigate to the main forum page if I want to just hop to another part quickly.

There's got to be a better way to toggle and fine tune this, though... something in-between this and the old one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in agreement with the frogboy on this. Especially because I'm having to click on the link in each reply notification to access the new forums, though I hope that'll get taken care of as it's a matter of fixing the linkage as Jamie mentioned.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think its a little bit getting used to a new haircut or housepaint though...especially one quite unexpected in its far reaching effects.

I wonder if the instantly updating forum will help/reduce Ziffling though?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Aesthetically, it's... different. It may grow on me, or I may come to hate it. For now, it's usable, so I'll wait 'n' see.

Old thread links remain usable! Huzzah! I was afraid they'd be broken all over the place. That'd hose up the links I've posted on DeviantArt illustrations something awful, not to mention the fanfic forum index. So glad to see that's not an issue after all.

It was kind of nice being able to see which threads you've posted in and which threads were "hot" via the thread icon. Any plans to revive that?

I can post images in threads! Hot patootie! Slackbot Draws Stuff will no longer be a boring wall of text and links! It will be spiced up by boring pictures! Thank you!

And the biggie for me--I can finally be an open, uncloseted AOL user and get notifications via E-mail! At least, I think I can. Someone reply to a thread I've watched so I can be sure. :wink:

Man, that's a lot of exclamation points.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Some of the peoples here went a bit nutter with punctuation marks.
Hope this reply notification makes it to your inbox Kim. :smile: