Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...that's up for debate...
By the way, if the forum still remains the same and things do improve on your webtv service, here is a freebie higher-res Fleet graphic for an avatar.

dwmckim

Reaction score
By the way, if the forum still remains the same and things do improve on your webtv service, here is a freebie higher-res Fleet graphic for an avatar.

That's really cool! (Where is that from? That looks like a new puppet than 1977?!) - though actually i've been wanting to change my avatar for a while now to a photo of myself. Haven't found a way to do that yet from either webtv or the library computers...now i'm getting very quickly nostalgic for when that was my biggest forum technical issue...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's really cool! (Where is that from? That looks like a new puppet than 1977?!) - though actually i've been wanting to change my avatar for a while now to a photo of myself. Haven't found a way to do that yet from either webtv or the library computers...now i'm getting very quickly nostalgic for when that was my biggest forum technical issue...
You're a classic member here and deserve a hi-res pic. :cool: I made all of those old ones for the mods back in my moderator days. This image was an old publicity shot with a white background. I just dropped a background behind it.

If you're interested in changing your avatar -
Rollover your name on the dark blue bar beneath the flash forum graphic and it will pop up a little window that has all sorts of links to click. Select the one that says "avatar" and the rest is relatively simple.

I think more of us should use photos of ourselves, but if you want this one, it's at:
http://wijitworld.com/annex/mc/fleetav.jpg

Convincing John

Reaction score
Heh, well...hmmm...looks like I might have to get a new avatar too. Looks a little pixelated, but maybe that's just my screen.

I'll just have to see if I like the new forum or not. Kinda on the fence at this point.

That said, Jamie, I really like your new Kermit avatar! I liked your old one, of course (Gonzo's one of my favorites), but your new one had me fooled for a moment. I thought it was some publictity photo for the Jim Henson Hour. Then I saw the "monitors" next to Kermit were really making up a face. That's cool.

I miss the Cards section too...maybe we'll never see that come back. Too bad. Smig's work was/is awesome.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Phil... I'm gonna need help getting my PM's back also. Unless the link posted in your reply works for anyone/everyone who tries it? Dunno, hope to get some help soon.

zns

Reaction score
This is incredible. We have officially entered the 21st century. Everything on here looks fantastic. Great job Phil.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just want to say this is not a cell phone friendly new format. You would think that given the fact more and more people use cell phones there would be some kind of mobile view. I had no problem getting on the old forum with a cell phone but I spent 2 hours messing with my phone settijngs to log in. I dont have a smart phone, but my phone has a full html/css browser with java and another more basic browser. When I use the full browser, half the time it wont let me click anything and on the basic browser I get a secuirty warning when logging in even though I have cookies enabled. Once I did manage to log in everything is super slow. It literally took my phone 3 minutes to scroll down to the delete avatar box. I understand there is not much you can do given the problem is on my end, however Im afraid I wont be posting anymore until I get internet access on my computer. then we will see.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Um Phil... I'm gonna need help getting my PM's back also. Unless the link posted in your reply works for anyone/everyone who tries it? Dunno, hope to get some help soon.
Please check your e-mail for more info on your PM's.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to say this is not a cell phone friendly new format. You would think that given the fact more and more people use cell phones there would be some kind of mobile view.
Let me see what can be done. An option for a mobile view is a possibility.