Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, as with most people, this will take some getting used to for me. I'm not too thrilled with some of the facebooky themes, but who knows? They could come in handy. Now to see how easily I can navigate. I had no problem with the thread in announcements and the one here; let's see about the rest of the forum.

Oh, but Phil, your embedded video in the announcement didn't show up for me. On the other hand though, at least some of the smileys are! :smile::cool: For some reason, with the old forum coupled with my last JAWS upgrade, they weren't.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I like it. It's really modern and I think it was really high time we had a change, and this was a change in the right direction. Is the link on Muppet Central.com going to get changed? Where you don;t have to click on another link to get to the forum. It's also might be cool to do some updateing to the very top menus. They kind see not to fit with the new forum, but thats just me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like it its really modern and I think it was really high time we had a change, and this was a change in the right direction. Is the link on Muppet Central.com going to get changed? Where you don;t have to click on another link to get to the forum. It's also might be cool to do some updateing to the very top menus. They kind see not to fit with the new forum, but thats just me.
Go for it!! :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah - let's have three big cheers for modernization (the definition of which apparently has changed to "adding shiny needless toys like Like Buttons and Trophies over minor insignificant bugaboos like say FUNCTIONALITY, USABILITY AND CONVENIENCE"...someone better notify Websters)

If i wanted my forum experience to be Facebook-icized, then i could have just - oh i don't know - GONE TO FACEBOOK AND USED THAT INSTEAD rather than have it contaminate a fully working wonderful forum that needed no fixing.

Don't know that i have much need for Like Buttons for individual messages ... but i think i may use this little button over here...

(presses Hate Button in reply to entire forum)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to mention that I'm having some speed issues with the new forum... of course, it could very well be my own not-so-all-the-rage-so-called-high-speed-connection from Comcast...

But seriously, I'm experiencing lags whenever going from one page to another, whether it's accessing a board, going through a thread, etc. There are like 40-50 second intervals of lagging after a link is clicked; also, even when posting a message, there's a slight maybe three or four second lag when backspacing/deleting typos and mistakes.

Again, it could very well be my own connection, but I feel the need to draw attention to it.

And wow DW, I agree with your feelings on the new forum, but I have to say, you certainly have more guts than I do about actually ranting about the new forum. And I thought my initial statement might have come across as a little "harsh" after all the hard work Phil put into trying to upgrade MC for us, but I think my comments pale in comparison to your thoughts. Props to you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah - let's have three big cheers for modernization (the definition of which apparently has changed to "adding shiny needless toys like Like Buttons and Trophies over minor insignificant bugaboos like say FUNCTIONALITY, USABILITY AND CONVENIENCE"...someone better notify Websters)

If i wanted my forum experience to be Facebook-icized, then i could have just - oh i don't know - GONE TO FACEBOOK AND USED THAT INSTEAD rather than have it contaminate a fully working wonderful forum that needed no fixing.

Don't know that i have much need for Like Buttons for individual messages ... but i think i may use this little button over here...

(presses Hate Button in reply to entire forum)
I get the feeling you don't like the new forum a little there buddy. Is that a fair assumcion.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Go for it!! :smile:
I would love to but really have no clue on where to start. I love the Menus they where done wonderfully, and looking at them with the new forum again it looks good. However maybe a little update there would not hurt. Just figuering out what would work and if it would be posable would be something I would like to look into.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i guess only other blah this i see is the black on the sides its kinda just full of nothing