Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i guess only other blah this i see is the black on the sides its kinda just full of nothing
It's actually been that way since the beginning... or, at least, the beginning of the vBulletin era.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep clicking on "home," dang it! Why does it have to say that!
I've done that too. I removed the "home" link from the tabs since you can get there through the flash menu. Let me know if you like the change.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would love to but really have no clue on where to start. I love the Menus they where done wonderfully, and looking at them with the new forum again it looks good. However maybe a little update there would not hurt. Just figuering out what would work and if it would be posable would be something I would like to look into.
Phillip decided long ago that he didn't want anyone to update the website with fresh content so even though my creative side is tempted - no more MC freebies from me. Sorry y'all, but Muppet Central has acted like a beastly sociopath in my creative life that takes far more than it gives!

I had so many great ideas for the forum menu and so many other portions of the site the fell on deaf ears for many, many. many years. Phil can figure it out on his own. I've already provided thousands of dollars worth of free work over the last decade. I was going to give my old work a bit of a spit-shine until I recognized the same unsatisfying pattern of one-sided presumptuousness. It was the last of many straws. :sympathy:

ToughPigs, the MuppetMindset, MuppetFans and the MuppetCast are phenomenal resources run by webmasters who truly understand the sense of community rather than behave in a fair-weathered and controlling manner. :oops:

I sincerely encourage anyone who wants to make a forum menu to go for it! It was always a temporary fix. :super:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I dont like change, usually because it is not for the better and you get settled into something and then have to re learn it.I dont like this new format.It is not as easy to read or use, I lost all my PM messages.Guess I will fade away.Bye.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi i am liking this , but it will take a bit of geting use to , it is very neat , one thing i was hoping though , is that on the privet conforsations ( former known as PMs could we not have a limit on how many we can have I was hoping that would be the case but if it turns out we need to do that i would understand . If we do have limit , could we make the limit more than 20. The limit on the old form was 20 .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i am liking this , but it will take a bit of geting use to , it is very neat , one thing i was hoping though , is that on the privet conforsations ( former known as PMs could we not have a limit on how many we can have I was hoping that would be the case but if it turns out we need to do that i would understand . If we do have limit , could we make the limit more than 20. The limit on the old form was 20 .
Yes, if a limit is placed on these it will be a significantly bigger number. Thanks for your understanding during the transition.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
For me, it's just hard to get use to, but I guess it is time for a change. I remember when Masterreplicas changed their forum format and it was terrible. This one doesn't have any major problems at least. Just have to do a few things different than what we are use to.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I dont like change, usually because it is not for the better and you get settled into something and then have to re learn it.I dont like this new format.It is not as easy to read or use, I lost all my PM messages.Guess I will fade away.Bye.
I know....I lost all my PM's that I kept as well. What a bummer. I have a hard time with the "Quote" thingy as well. It would be nice to just hit someones quote when you are sending another post. Maybe something MC can look into?