Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha HAH! Started a new fic and was just able to post the entire first chapter with no problems. Thank you Philip!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
This forum is awesome!! How do I get my avatar to not be so fuzzy anymore, though??

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
This forum is awesome!! How do I get my avatar to not be so fuzzy anymore, though??
If you have a larger version of this pic...try resizing it. Since the new forum, most of the avatars are a bit larger which caused them to get pixalated. That is what I had to do, but I also polished mine up in photoshop and added my MC name on it.

beaker

Reaction score
1. I now absolutely love the forum. See, whenever my hotmail, facebook, etc changes all the sudden...at first I hate it. But then my eyes get used to it, and I grow to like it. The old 2002-2011 MC was starting to feel a bit rigid layout wise, didn't pop. So I really appreciate the new integration

2. Good to see you back Luke!

3. I think Phil has had pretty thick skin. Especially after the unfortunate late 2002 time period where everyone was taking shots at Phil(sadly I was not immune to the adding t the commentary and I apologize for that) I think Phil has done amazingly well about taking a neutral tone. He doesn't have to do this. He's long been busy with his own projects that Im sure are much more important than this site.

If Phil has his own management style, thats fine. It's a web democracy. Look how independently other sites have sprung up. I think Tough Pigs had some growing up to do(I'll leave it at that), and now they're doing a series of interviews on youtube with some of the top Muppet performers. Same with The Muppet Mindset. I credit MC with single handedly helping to foster and bring back a lot of our Muppet love; but as much as I still have a bad taste left from feuds with old Tough Pigs, I believe their Wiki site is one of the greatest Muppety things ever. And I absolutely love The Muppet Mindset's endless coverage, enthusiasm and democratic approach to daily content by whoever wants to.

Point being, if you dont like Phil's approach, it's not a be all end all website. That said, I think it's good for Phil to listen to some ideas/criticism which I think he's doing

Beauregard

Reaction score
Aww...Feel the Beaker love.

I too have gotten used to this forum style -- the one thing that I do notice is that I tend to get in here, check my 'alerts' look at the threads I'm planning to read, post, and get out. I don't tend to stick around browsing along lazily from place to place anymore.

Still...maybe it pays not to be so lazy anyway!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I too have gotten used to this forum style -- the one thing that I do notice is that I tend to get in here, check my 'alerts' look at the threads I'm planning to read, post, and get out. I don't tend to stick around browsing along lazily from place to place anymore.
Glad you are getting use to the new forum.

This may help if you aren't already using it... The "What's New" link at the top of the page will show all the threads that are "new to you". When you "hover" over a thread title, you'll see a preview of about the first 100 characters or so from each post. This makes finding discussions that interest you much easier than reading them one by one.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
It's so different! I'm seeing it for the first time, and it's so new to me! I think I'll get used to it, though. To be honest, I kinda miss the old forum.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Okay, I confess that I did not read ALL 220 posts in this thread before writing, but here's my two cents worth, in bits and pieces.

I miss being able to "see" who is in the same thread with me. I LIKE being able to see where folks have just been when I look for them. (Although it's maybe just a little bit creepy that I can.)

I love, LOVE, LOVE that I DO NOT have to "hand-italicize" ALL of the italicized words in my postings. You have NO IDEA how much time that took and how often I missed one, or several.

I, um, THINK I like the private conversations. I'm still working on it, still trying to get the hang of it.

That's it so far, except to say, "Thank you, thank you and thank you for TRYING to please us and for WANTING to please us. We appreciate you!"

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I haven't read the other posts in this thread either (oops!), but I gotta say, when I returned about a week ago after a long hiatus, I was impressed!! Still am. :big_grin: You guys have done a fantastic job of updating the site, and then some! I especially love being able to "like" others' posts, but more than anything, the image insertion feature, that ROCKS!!!

Cheers Phil, and great job to all who contributed!!
:smile:
Anthony

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I think if it were possible to have something of a "classic" view option available, whilst keeping all the new features but reverting to the old look of the site, it would go down a treat with those who still prefer the older aesthetic.