Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say this. I wonder why they decided on Braid-Y Bunch and not Telly's Lunch, which is frankly the superior of the 2 in name, song parody only Brady Spoofs... plus, I really think they shoulda swapped out Dr. Feel and Dr. Phil for either the one with Bob or even better... Trianglebob Trianglepants.

Here's hoping for a Best of volume 3 and 4.... we NEED to have one Super Morphing Mega Monsters segment on DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's hoping for a Best of volume 3 and 4.... we NEED to have one Super Morphing Mega Monsters segment on DVD.
It's a shame that the Iron Monster DVD doesn't have any (though it doesn't include any inserts, aside from a bonus Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures: Superheroes).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I disappointed they didn't put "Hip to be a Square" on here.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
This Really sounds like a Fun DVD Set to own and I can't wait to get it,

And you never really know what's included until you watch the DVDs for yourself

Looking online at different stores websites this set seems to be priced rather nicely:wisdom::insatiable::super:

wiley207

Reaction score
Not a bad list, I must say. I'm happy "Monsterpiece Theater" made the cut, as well as the classic Sesame Street News "Six Dollar Man" segment. But I am disappointed "Miami Mice" wasn't included; not even "Mysterious Theater!" I guess with the latter, SesameWorkshop figured that it was too scary for kids or something.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Knowing that the Barnes and Noble site seems to be listing each clip with the time from the previous clip, I decided to seek out the three Monsterpiece Theater YouTube, to see if each one will have their respective original title cards. It appears that The King and I will have the original title card, and Twin Beaks will have the second opening sequence. But I am a little confused on Gone with the Wind.

The run time listed for that is 2:31. I found a copy of that with the original title card, which is listed as 2:22 (including a second of the preceding clip from the source copy). The original opening sequence lasts 10 or 11 seconds. I then seeked out the second opening and counted the seconds, and that seems to last 33 seconds.

So I guess either that was another time mistake, or there'll be some sort of postroll, or it'll have a shortened version of the second opening, or there'll be something additional, like the behind-the-scenes photos tacked onto various clips on the 40th anniversary DVD. Or maybe I am thinking too much (but at least it's just three more days until we find out).

zns

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this. :wisdom::stick_out_tongue::frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that both discs have a total of 19 clips each (not counting bonus clips). And it seems the longest clip is actually on disc 1 (Family Food, which lasts over 7 minutes).

It would have been cool if this set had a featurette on the parodies. Though I don't suppose they could show clips from the original source material (unless Warner Home Video has the rights to anything spoofed here).

I'd say that out of the content that has already been released on DVD, the Dragnet parody is the weakest, and of the content that hasn't been on DVD, The Braid-Y Bunch is the weakest. But there's a number of material I don't remember seeing (Family Food, Casablanca Alphabet, Dirtiest Jobs, etc.). I'm resisting seeking them out on YouTube or sesamestreet.org, instead waiting until tuesday to see them.

It's interesting that the Dragnet parody is just listed as "Dragnet", while the Casablanca parody is listed as "Casablanca Alphabet". Ever since I first saw the Dragnet sketch (on the All-Star Alphabet DVD, which doesn't list it's bonus clips with titles; Instead, the clips are clickable on images) I wondered what kind of title it would have (and now I'm thinking it could have been called "Dragnet W" or "Dragnet W/M"). I assume that the Casablanca parody doesn't have a title card.

Another interesting observation is that the DVD seems to specify which Here is Your Life and Beat the Time sketches are included, but the Colambo and Spaceship Surprise segments are just listed by those titles, not specifying which skits they are (and Spaceship Surprise should be listed as Spaceship Surprise: The Next Generation). But with Beat the Time it makes sense to specify which sketches are in the bonus features.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even though I can see it on YT anytime I please, I just can't say how happy I am "6 Dollar Man" is on here. That skit drove me wild as a kid, and I just LOVE comically malfunctioning robots

Status
Not open for further replies.