A sad, sad story

Collgoff

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me you've seen them by now? Surely you must own the complete series, and no, I didn't call you Shirley. :wink:
I don'r know what you're talking about but I do own a complete series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me you've seen them by now? Surely you must own the complete series, and no, I didn't call you Shirley. :wink:
9 Years ago. That's when this thread was first posted.

Since then I have seen several of the single volumes and I have at least the first season (there's so much intense money problems I have that kept me from getting the last 3 sets and the animated series... I get like a rough 1/1000 of the DVD's I want. I don't even have a single Ducktales yet, and they're probably out of print by now). This is before ANY of these were commercially available on DVD. Sure, I blame myself for not getting the FR Disney released videos when the epic 1990's Disney VHS clearance rush began (I did manage to get the entire Darkwing Duck VHS collection, several Alvin and the Chipmunks, the entire Bullwinkle show VHS release and several DIC cartoons)... but other than that I've seen quite a bit of the series by now. I have a LOT to go through, and I need the other 3 sets (I don't trust complete collections) but I have indeed seen the series and think it's my favorite Henson project of all time, even moreso than Sesame Street and the Muppet Show.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
9 Years ago. That's when this thread was first posted.
I can read buddy, thanks :wink: hence the "by now" comment. Just for that, I'm gonna call you Shirley... Shirley!! :big_grin:

Drtooth said:
Since then I have seen several of the single volumes and I have at least the first season (there's so much intense money problems I have that kept me from getting the last 3 sets and the animated series... I get like a rough 1/1000 of the DVD's I want. I don't even have a single Ducktales yet, and they're probably out of print by now). This is before ANY of these were commercially available on DVD. Sure, I blame myself for not getting the FR Disney released videos when the epic 1990's Disney VHS clearance rush began (I did manage to get the entire Darkwing Duck VHS collection, several Alvin and the Chipmunks, the entire Bullwinkle show VHS release and several DIC cartoons)... but other than that I've seen quite a bit of the series by now. I have a LOT to go through, and I need the other 3 sets (I don't trust complete collections) but I have indeed seen the series and think it's my favorite Henson project of all time, even moreso than Sesame Street and the Muppet Show.
As a previous owner of the separate first 3 seasons that had been released, and now an owner of the complete series set, I can tell you that the complete set has ZERO problems, and is well worth it! You get all the original discs, plus, you can't beat that packaging, it's gol-darned beautiful!! I say, go for it when you can, I think it's dropped in price recently too, so that's always a bonus!! :big_grin:

As for DuckTales, sadly, Disney has only released the first 3 seasons (I've got 'em all, fantastic purchases), but they are readily available through the Disney Movie Club. Are you a member? Right now, they're having a HUGE sale on TV Box Sets, you can get all three for under $33.00!!! Plus tax and shipping of course, but still!! I paid around that much (or more) for EACH SEASON!!! Man, if only I could wait on stuff sometimes, lol.

You really gotta complete/start your collections Tooth, these are real gems. Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Drtooth

Reaction score
As a previous owner of the separate first 3 seasons that had been released, and now an owner of the complete series set, I can tell you that the complete set has ZERO problems, and is well worth it! You get all the original discs, plus, you can't beat that packaging, it's gol-darned beautiful!! I say, go for it when you can, I think it's dropped in price recently too, so that's always a bonus!!
I bought the Powerpuff Girls complete series set when it came out. I sat through ALL the episodes except one. The second I watched it, the thing went buggy on me. Actually, even before that, years and years ago when Star Wars was released in a video box set, I picked it up. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back worked fine... then I watched Return of The Jedi... halfway through the fight between Vader and Skywalker.... the video randomly stopped and started rewinding no matter WHAT I did.

I'm Charlie Brown. Things don't work well for me. Otherwise, I'd literally jump on the 100% Pure Bull complete Rocky and Bullwinkle set EVEN though I'd double dip on the first 2 seasons (I missed the third one). Plus, I kinda wanted the reproduction stuff the single release of FR had. Unfortunately, I got the Lionsgate second pressing of season 1, so I didn't get the freebee (or even a track listing), but I'm gonna try for season 2 and 3 with the free goodies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Right on! Oh yeah, I forgot about the reproduction inserts, those are cool! I kept those when I sold my 3 sets, lol. I didn't lie about it or anything, plainly said that they didn't include the extras, and they sold anyway! Yay for me. :big_grin:

I didn't know that Rocky & Bullwinkle had a complete set out there!! I'm definitely adding that to my wishlist, along with the complete Pink Panther. I'd gotten that set for my nephew years ago, but never got around to buying one for myself, sheesh. Right now I'm just really making sure that my Son is exposed to the really GOOD cartoons, y'know? Yeah, there are a few new good 'toons out there (I LOVE Regular Show - great avatar! - and Adventure Time is cool too), but the classics beat most everything current these days.

Lol about your Charlie Brown comment, my wife and I feel the same way about our own luck sometimes. "Good grief". :rolleyes:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Drtooth, if it makes you feel better one of the episodes on my TMS season 3 disk is buggy. It freezes in the same spot no matter what dvd player its in. My Lion King dvd also bugs out when I try to watch the "not really theatrical minus morning report" version. It will constantly freeze. Both did it when they were new :smirk: