"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That person who showed us the cool Muppet muffins/cupcakes (and I used them as a background for an award here on MC) ... I hope they're getting paid, 'cause it looks like those. :smile:

Still ... that pad is awesome, considering how often Muppets complain about not getting paid enough.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Guess what JUST became my new desktop wallpaper? ;-) That awesome standee image!! This movie will rock my world!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------
Holy frog what a fun pic! WHY is Link outside in the bushes acting all TMZ with what appears to be a random frog? Who are the dapper rats on the balcony? Are the cupcakes chocolate or white or red velvet (or all of those, plus jellybean peanut fish)?

*gearing up for special investigation*
---------------------------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Smurfs, because that'd be a wise decision, unless it turns into a flop...
Unfortunately it's the last big kid's movie of the year, and I still think if anyone had any sense they'd just avoid that one and go to Pooh (lovely, lovely little film), but it seems logical. I'm not buying a ticket to see it, not even the Muppet trailer. I couldn't live with myself if I knew 10 bucks of my money would go to okay a second one where they run around, make pop culture jokes, and fall into toilets again(I despise myself for paying 6.75 for that dang live action/CGI bear thing).

But I love the standee. I mean, sure, it's stock footage pictures... but there's just something so epic about it, even more so than the new official poster.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed the Moopets hidden in the poster, Miss Poogy and the Rowlf Moopet being most noticable. The Kermit Moopet seems to be squashed at the bottom. And yet it looks like the Janice Moopet is there twice. There's one instance where we can see a little of her face, by Scooter, and then it seems we can see her arm and I think part of her face (again) at the bottom, right by the Snowths.

And underneath the Rowlf Moopet we see some green fur and teeth. I'm not sure who this character is.

And despite assiting the villian Uncle Deadley and Bobo are not in the poster or standee.

beaker

Reaction score
FINALLY a Muppet 2011 poster I like. This has "wow" all over it. Yeah, it sucks that they refuse to do actual filmed on location group shots, and instead just shop' every character in. We just have to accept it. But I detested the first two posters, so Im VERY glad they nailed it with this one. Im also hoping the new trailer wipes away the bad taste I got from the last full length trailer.Wait, Mo Frackle on a muppet poster? Suhhhweeet!

The standee poster is interesting, love the colors. Again, sucks its all cgi/fake, but so many characters(many I don't even know the names of) Ha, a hidden Snowth cupcake.
So good to see Snowths and frackles featured.

@Dr Tooth: Oh Ive been pretending the Smurfs franchise hasnt existed since I was little, so no problem there:smile: I just fail to see why anyone would find something enjoyable from it, regardless if its original Peyo comics or the 80's cartoon. But Im not allowed to use words on here in which to describe any of the cgi/live action kids movies of the last few years. I sure wouldnt take my kid to see them no matter how much they begged, especially when there's a lot of quality kids cgi and live action coming out(Hugo, Tin Tin, etc)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow is it me or does Thog just look like the perfect stuffed doll. I would just want to sit, and hold my Thog doll. I sure do hope he has a big role in this here movie!