Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
JEEZZ! I'm glad Robin Williams looks like he's back on Sesame Street, but he looks like a Mountain man!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Oh Frog! Another segment starring Murray? Not that Murray as a character isn't bad but the entire rest of the show (that's not eaten by Elmo) is already All About Murray. Dare i get my hopes up that the Murray tune-in's are gone? SST has a tendency to create some good bits and pieces but the overall package is so unappealing and you have to wade through an entire bowl of bland cereal to find the prize.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh Frog! Another segment starring Murray? Not that Murray as a character isn't bad but the entire rest of the show (that's not eaten by Elmo) is already All About Murray. Dare i get my hopes up that the Murray tune-in's are gone? SST has a tendency to create some good bits and pieces but the overall package is so unappealing and you have to wade through an entire bowl of bland cereal to find the prize.
The tune ins are going to be there, but they will be significantly shorter. The Number of the Day segment (from behind the scenes footage) will go from Murray counting several groups of the same number to Murray announcing lottery numbers. And Ovejita WILL take part. Hopefully other things will be shortened... AFFS especially. The only difference from the new clip I've seen is that the theme song has been remixed slightly. Plus, I really wonder if Murray Had a Little Lamb is still part of the show. That's the deciding factor.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure his new segment will incorporated in the tune-ins. In the clips, you can see him introducing Elmo's World and another segment while doing an experiment with cars.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't want to get my hopes up on anything... but notice. He says "Elmo" instead of Elmo's World. Now, I'm sure that useless segment is forcibly glued to the show and all, and expecting it to be gone would be nothing short of asking for the moon... but....

He did say "Elmo" not Elmo's World.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed that too; it had me thinking too. Nothing about a new Elmo segment or new Elmo's World episodes are mentioned in the press release though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I noticed that too; it had me thinking too. Nothing about a new Elmo segment or new Elmo's World episodes are mentioned in the press release though.

The only Elmo I saw in the release is something about celebrity moments.

Of course, we didn't have a single new Elmo's world last season, and only one (which was a hold off) the season before that. I want to believe they dumped it for something else Elmo, but sometime tells me if I believe that, I'll be disappointed to see that full frame screened lousy EW theme song and know what's coming.

Also, I noticed NO mention of Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures. We have quite a few unseen episodes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure hope they finally add Count TV to the episodes this season.

But that aside... Cast Iron Cooks/Iron Chef America parody? Instant Win!

"So Sesame Street, let me present to you a veritable pantheon of culinary cast-offs, your very own Cast Iron Cooks."
"And now Sesame Street, with an open trashcan and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle... Alle Cuisine!"

Status
Not open for further replies.