Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If Murray gets a new segment, then I hope he gets dropped as the "host" (though that wouldn't neccessarily keep him from hosting).

beaker

Reaction score
The more Murray the better! **** my dream would be he and Telly get more time than Elmo.
According to a recent press release, the celebrity-packed guest star line-up includes Oscar winners Nicole Kidman and Robin Williams, as well as film stars Mila Kunis, Liev Schreiber, Amy Adams, Naomi Watts, James Marsden, Seth Rogen, Jason Schwartzman, and Jerry O’Connell. TV stars include “Modern Family’s” Sofia Vergara, “The Office’s” John Krasinski, and Joel McHale and Ken Jeong from “Community.” And not to be left out, late-night hosts Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O’Brien and George Lopez will also show up on the “Street
Anyways, very excited about this
http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2...sts-join-sesame-steet-for-star-studded-season

Robin Williams!!! Huge. And Conan! And Office's Jim. So can't wait for those sketches to appear on Sesame's youtube(I dont have tv reception or cable)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If Murray gets a new segment, then I hope he gets dropped as the "host" (though that wouldn't neccessarily keep him from hosting).
Watch the clip; his new segment is part of his tune-ins. It's not technically a new segment, it's just a new version of his tune-in bits.

EDIT: As they're doing "repeats" again this year, I hope that they change the segments in the episodes. Seeing as though the block format was in place in season 40, I should hope they change stuff in it instead of just slapping a title number on it.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is it ironic that Amy Adams is working with BOTH the regular Muppets and the Muppets of Sesame Street in the same year ? :eek:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Watch the clip; his new segment is part of his tune-ins. It's not technically a new segment, it's just a new version of his tune-in bits.
I didn't know that sneak peek clips had been posted until I checked YouTube a few seconds ago (I thought all that news just came from a press release or something).

I really hope that Sesame Workshop doesn't upload practically every new clip during the time between now and when the season ends like it did with the last three seasons. They should slowly upload a few new clips at a time (in addition to adding a few more classic clips) and gradually get most of this years segments (and considering the next two seasons are filmed together, I wonder if they've made note of which will debut in season 43).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, the same clips they uploaded to YT are the same ones on the press kit site. If they upload some the celebrity Word of the Day bits ahead of time, I really won't care; they're not very memorable (can they use someone other than Elmo and Abby for them for a change?).

ssetta

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
But between the sequel to Night at the Museum and now, when did he become an 1800's grizzled prospector? :hungry:

I'm glad to know at least ONE of the Word of the Day segments will be hilarious, though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Is angry... Just saw at Muppet Wiki that Episode 4181, titled Furry Potter, is nothing more than an excuse for teaching literacy instead of using it to their full parodical potential. Dang it Sesame! That's why Dinner Theater failed! You completely blow a chance to send up the boy wizard series for all your family-friendly and funny furry abilities? :grr: :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
*Is angry... Just saw at Muppet Wiki that Episode 4181, titled Furry Potter, is nothing more than an excuse for teaching literacy instead of using it to their full parodical potential. Dang it Sesame! That's why Dinner Theater failed! You completely blow a chance to send up the boy wizard series for all your family-friendly and funny furry abilities? :grr: :grouchy:
That's probably why they didn't directly link it to the parody section. Though, I would say, while Harry Potter is still relevant, it IS years overdue to parody that. Though, it basically took them until 2011 to make fun of a 1980's toy line, and 2010 to parody a popular 1980's action show... of course, because they clearly are doing these in relevence of Summer movies.

Though, Potter started being in movies a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.