Follow That Bird - Quotes

Yorick

Reaction score
Hehe, yes - and Big Bird doesn't easily get annoyed, does he? Not often, I'd say. But with those two around, it's going to happen, as the film shows :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hehe, yes - and Big Bird doesn't easily get annoyed, does he? Not often, I'd say. But with those two around, it's going to happen, as the film shows :smile:
I agree Donny and Marie may be funny in the movie, but in real life they could drive the most patient people, or in this case birds up a wall. Miss Finch was extra nasty for not warning Big Bird what the Dodos were really like.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's one of my favorite scenes. I like the way Sam says "Shut up, Sid, shut up!" Always thought it was funny (and figured if it could be said in a Sesame Street production then it was okay to say... I used to think "Shut up" was a cuss word).
I'm actually surprised that they would say that on SS. I may want to listen for that on the movie again. I know they did get away with things other shows haven't gotten away with. I recall that on "I Love Lucy" they couldn't use the term 'pregnant,' yet when Maria got pregnant Luis used that term. It's interesting how you can stay stuff in a kids's show now that you couldn't have said back in a '50s sitcom.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that they would say that on SS.
Aside from it being said in the movie it was said at the end of the "Rupunzel" segment of Sesame Street News (though usually removed from showings after the late-1980s) and in the segment where Bad Bart gives a bartender "what he deserves".

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I considered shut up, and stupid both to be mean words. I still don't like the word stupid. It's funny, because now kids shows aren't allowed to say anything even slightly rude. Maybe it's overprotective parents. I know a mother who doesn't like Toy Story, because they say idiot in the movie.