Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And we also have people in the entertainment industry who are straight, BUTthey ACT gay... and for what reason? Laughs? To create an alter-ego personality? To appeal to gay audiences? I don't know.
They're not "acting gay." They're acting like themselves. There are plenty of "effeminate" straight men and "tough" straight women. Mannerisms isn't a reliable way to tell a person's orientation.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Then years later, they FINALLY admit it, and the public is like "Duh, as if we couldn't come to that conclusion". Clay Aiken, Sean Hayes... possibly Richard Simmons...
I guess we can put Bruce Vilanch in that category as well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They're not "acting gay." They're acting like themselves. There are plenty of "effeminate" straight men and "tough" straight women. Mannerisms isn't a reliable way to tell a person's orientation.
Only mine are! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the topic of who seems gay etc, I'm posting three confirmed out and gay popular actors who don't really fit the stereotype.

I'd like to add...

Notoriously HATED the effeminate stereotype and especially famous gay actors that fit it. Also an infamous wacko party boy. Sometimes would bite people on the leg at parties. Not kidding.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Will also mention Raymond Burr, who played Perry Mason. To this day, many fans are astounded to find out he was gay; he really didn't fit any conventional stereotypes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Will also mention Raymond Burr, who played Perry Mason. To this day, many fans are astounded to find out he was gay; he really didn't fit any conventional stereotypes.
Or Rock Hudson.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ultimately it's not about how flamboyant or masculine one is perceived. Those are arbitrary standards. It's about not acting like anything and just being yourself. :super:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of stereotypes and such, I have to say there is ONE gay stereotype that I have to take issue with, mainly because it makes little-to-no sense... the old saying that "Gay people are gay because they were sexually assaulted as children".

I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with gay people being gay? I mean, are there seriously studies or research to back up that claim? And if so, why would such a thing make someone gay? I mean, I actually know someone who, sadly, was sexually assaulted as a child, and that person today is arrow straight. So, what's the deal ont hat?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's a lot of ignorance and a lot of half baked theories floating around.

Even when there are scentific studies on the topic, the results are uncertain. There was a scientific study a few years ago that claimed that the more older brothers a male had, the more likely he was genetically to be gay. Now perhaps this is true statistically speaking, but obviously there are plenty of gay men who had NO older brothers. And there are plenty of straight men who had multiple older brothers. So yeah, statistics aren't that useful either, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was a scientific study a few years ago that claimed that the more older brothers a male had, the more likely he was genetically to be gay. Now perhaps this is true statistically speaking, but obviously there are plenty of gay men who had NO older brothers. And there are plenty of straight men who had multiple older brothers. So yeah, statistics aren't that useful either, lol.
I remember hearing that, and I can say that it isn't necessarily true on my account, as I have three older brothers... but then again, they were from different marriages, so I didn't and don't really see much of them (I've never even met one of them), so in a sense, I'm practically an only child (from my parents' union).

But on the subject of genetics, they're always trying to "discover" new "genes" that explain why people are the way they are; like with all the recenty infidelity scandals with people like Tiger Woods, Jesse James, AHHHNOLD, etc, they're trying to see if there's a "cheating" gene. They already have these "studies" that suggest people who aren't necessarily book-smart are more likely to cheat than more intelligent people, because since the're not very smart, they're going to act on more animalistic instincts than rational human instincts.