"The Muppets" first preview screening

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(I don't want to drag the topic off-topic, but the obvious answer about the lack of Rizzo that occurred to me is that this is a very Kermit-centered movie, and we have not really had a movie yet where both Kermit and Rizzo had prominent roles AT THE SAME TIME. I truly adore Rizzo--he and Gonzo have amazing buddy chemistry--but the closest we've come to all-Steve-on-camera-all-the-time would be The Muppet Christmas Carol, and even that had lots of Scrooge time without the classic muppets. I understand Steve does a SMASHING job with Kermit in this movie--it may simply have been too hard to have a lot of Kermit and a lot of Rizzo. But I AM a little sad, I think, because Rizzo was STEVE's original break-out muppet, and I'm sorry he had to lay that down for this movie.)

beaker

Reaction score
Well yeah, it's sounding like performers are mostly sticking to one primary character, instead of the round robin Oz would perform.

Regarding the puppet builds, after having watched the blu ray quality OK Go video and rewatching the trailers; it may just be the newness/digital camera throwing people off. Thog and everyone else looks fresh out of Muppet workshop, so there's no worn look. But I think it works. Even Gonzo to me looks much better than how he did in the Cat Cora videos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And ironically, all three of those movies mentioned were directed by Tim Hill.
Actually no.

Yogi Bear was directed by Eric Brevig (whom should NEVER direct anything again... not even traffic)...

Smurfs was Raja Gosnell.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually no.

Yogi Bear was directed by Eric Brevig (whom should NEVER direct anything again... not even traffic)...

Smurfs was Raja Gosnell.
I wonder why I thought Tim Hill directed those movies (because they're the kind he would direct...)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder why I thought Tim Hill directed those movies (because they're the kind he would direct...)?
Considering how the Smurfs movie was a "let's make fun of the source material" type of movie (thankfully it wasn't THAT heavy handed with it), they got the guy who did both Scooby-Doo movies...

The Yogi bear movie was only the second movie that director directed. The other being the totally forgotten piece of garbage Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
ok im sorry i just became a muppet fan in 2008 when i watched Studio DC Almost Live on disney and this will be the first muppet movie i will see on the big screen and im really excited and want to know more
Excitement is GOOD! And a warm welcome to muppet fandom! Us, er, mature folks are delighted to see a younger generation embrace our favorite felt friends. Wander around and see what all we've got here at MC--we're really very friendly!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
ok im sorry i just became a muppet fan in 2008 when i watched Studio DC Almost Live on disney and this will be the first muppet movie i will see on the big screen and im really excited and want to know more
:super: :rolleyes::concern:
Welcome! It's good to know that Studio DC inspired new fans. There's lots of great stuff to check out in the Muppet archives until the movie comes out.

TSSD

Reaction score
:super: :rolleyes::concern:
Sorry if it came off rude, I just found it kind of funny. Great to hear that Studio DC attracted people to the Muppets and great to have you on here.