Your Thoughts: Miss Piggy on Disney's "So Random"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Be sure to watch Miss Piggy on "So Random" tonight on The Disney Channel at 7:30 pm eastern, 6:30 pm central. After you watch the show post your thoughts here. ("So Random" re-airs multiple times during the week if you'd like to see the show again or if you miss the first airing.)

Here's a preview from the episode...

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
So far (and it's only the first commercial break), Miss Piggy is completely true-to-form. The inclusion of a picture of Kermit in her Piggyfied dressing really completes her character and her role as guest star.

I really like how the characters on So Random! are competing to work with Piggy, as it should be. This is a great and fun way to introduce her to a younger generation who may not know who Piggy is or what she is all about.

Back to the show!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's some thoughts that I had posted in a previous thread about the show:

Hmmm! Not too bad, although I do hope (and honestly do believe) that Piggy won't be quite as sound-bite, one-note catch-phraseish as she is here (I realize that's how this show gets its laughs). However, I do adore the way she managed to put down everyone with her superior talent to each and every of those characters (and their actors). Also love how she does that thing The Muppets always do, turn a tv-show in a show into a show-in-a-show-in-a-show-on-tv, where the Muppets are real and everything else is fake. LOVE.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I thought they did a great job showcasing Piggy, although the sketches without her I could have done without. I thought the Princesses of New Jersey sketch she did at the end was great. I was surprised that Rapunzel didn't mention that she has a frog prince (rimshot! thank you thank you!) you know I had to do it!

Way to go for putting Piggy up on the superstar pedastal where she belongs. :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
As i said before. So Random! is a good choice of show for a Muppet to guest on since it's a sketch-comedy/variety show and right up the Muppets' alley.

But it's just too bad the show itself is so unfunny. Demi Lovato leaving Sonny With a Chance essentially forcing the show to change its format to actually becoming the show within the show it was was the worst thing to happen to it...a full episode of really bad amateurish sketch comedy is pretty painful and i fully blame the writing/production since there are actually some really good talents on there (i really like Tiffani Thornton but she's totally held back here and if given the chance to do something else/better i can see her becoming pretty big)

So of course the biggest problem with the episode were the non-Piggy sketches. Since i don't regularly watch So Random! i don't know how much screen time their guest stars usually get but with the plotline involving the cast wanting Piggy to appear in their sketches, Piggy was a bit wasted because she only got to appear in the closing sketch. The show could have worked around this by either (a) showing the cast members presenting their pitches to Piggy leading into a "fantasy" of what the sketch might look like with her involvement or (b) included some other Muppets even as cameos...this would have been the ideal opportunity to have Statler and Waldorf snark on the various sketches.

But still, non-Muppet parts aside, i enjoyed it and it's great exposure for Piggy. Though i do have to say in just two minutes, Piggy's appearance on Take Two with Phineas and Ferb put her 21 minute So Random episode to shame.

Interesting to note the credits just listed her as Miss Piggy with no acknowledgement of the man underneath the curtain (ie "Piggy's Personal Assistant" or anything like that)

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought Piggy was good but I felt stupider after watching the show, especially the commercials. But I also have slowed thinking because of my seizure disorder sometimes, so that may be part of it...but it's certainly not all of it.

I only watched Sunny with a Chance once when Jeff Dunham was on it. Based on the comparison to that, Sunny with a Chance was a lot less stupid and a better show. So Random felt like All That rejects. When I was watching Sunny I didn't feel like screaming "SHOW JEFF AGAIN" everytime he was off screen. I did here.

As for the credits, I thought they did that often with Miss Piggy?

Drtooth

Reaction score
But still, non-Muppet parts aside, i enjoyed it and it's great exposure for Piggy. Though i do have to say in just two minutes, Piggy's appearance on Take Two with Phineas and Ferb put her 21 minute So Random episode to shame.

Mainly because Phineas and Ferb are AWESOME!!

Nah. Not just that.

I've said it so many times before I lost count, but I don't care for this kind of kid's programming. I've never been one of those tedious internet nostalgia-heads that says "things were so much better in my day, and I want to shut everything past that out." However, I feel that Nick's 1990's live action shows (most of them anyway) just were better put together, better written, and the talent rarely felt as wasted as it does with some of these Disney shows. But then again, this stuff isn't for us.

I really hope for something MUCH better for older kids, if not, our age bracket pops up too... but think about it. Wouldn't we want to see kids who watch this sort of thing drag their parents to see the Muppets instead of kids being dragged off by their Muppet fan parents with cries of "I wanna see Stomp the Yard for Morons Happy Feets!" Give them all the exposure possible I say, I agree completely with everyone on that.

Still, I want The Disney Channel to try out more animated programs in the future. They barely wanted Phineas and Ferb and look at how big that one exploded.