Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that the purple wolf is one of the best wolf puppets out there. I do dig the blue Herry looking wolf, that's not without its charm, but I didn't really like the light grey wolf they had that one time.

Now that I think about it, Tyler's wolf is pretty much my second favorite puppeteer after Jerry's wolf. Joey's wolf, I can't remember if that was the one that had the voice that would later be Blogg's or the weird cartoonish John Travolta impersonation.

But Tyler's corny operatic thespian wolf is a nice change of pace. Somehow it works better in the purple wolf anyway. I LOVE the eyebrow mechanism on that one. I also loved that Gilbert and Sullivan style musical number.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
He's part of Sutton Foster's "Lever Lover" song.
Okay. Good to know he's still around. It's a shame it's just in an insert though. Oh, well. There's always next season.

I wasn't the only one who thought of Pino and FTB, either. They should have given Big Bird a throwaway line referencing one of those: "Sheesh, you birds are like the Sleaze Brothers with feathers!" or "They should've written to my cousin in Holland if they don't like yellow."
AHA! Holland! That's what country Pino is from. I couldn't remember that. Lol. Now I can sleep tonight.

Actually, I'm more of an Alberado fan so I don't really keep track of that many of the other cultures versions of the show.

So far, this has been one of the best episodes of the season; if only the recent years of Sesame Street were done this well consistently!
I agree. We got two eps in a row where Big Bird was in the main plot. That's what they need to do on a regular basis. They need to bring the focus back on him and less on Elmo and Abby.

And Big Bird AND Oscar in a street story again. Love it.
Yeah. I'm assuming Matt did some work with BB while Caroll was performing Oscar. I have noticed he had more of a 'congested' kind of voice for a few of his lines. Just a little curious on that.

Still, with so many Ernie and Bert segments unaired, how come they keep showing the same ones anyway?
I agree with that completely, but at least the puppet versions of B&E will get a street scene this season. That's something to look forward to.

Yeah... there's THAT too. Seems like I just wonder how Tyler would take on some of Richard's roles... other than Janice that one time.
Yeah. I actually thought Tyler did a better Janice than David Rudman. Fer sure!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anything come on after Super Grover 2.0? I didn't get to see the rest of it, and I'm kinda thankful the SG2 was a rerun.

I kinda took the first story as a gag that humans play with bear dolls, so bears play with human dolls. I'm not sure that was the point, though.

And I guess if I actually heard the original version of Ate my Red 2 or whatever it was called, I'd get the joke.

And they forgot one thing Seth Rogan was embarassed about. Green Hornet.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story today was kind of cute. The Word of the Day bit was funny. The new Murray tune-ins were fun. Ate my Red 2 was very catchy and funny!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I thought the "Ate my red 2" was a hilarious video, yet very informative and educational.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Today's episode was OK as social-development episodes go; seeing Gordon in pink when he told Baby Bear about gender clichés got the point across without running it into the ground. So did Curly Bear's offhand decision to play with the truck at the end of the street scene. (I half expected the old "Guys and Dolls" parody to show up on this episode--too bad "Monsterpiece Theater" as a whole is defunct!)

I was also happy to notice a new transition to the letter of the day and a new(ish) cartoon that didn't come from "Sesame English". (Did any other adults out there think "letter recognition crossed with Are You My Mother, in one minute"? :flirt:)

As for the number card trick transition, it's clever in a way but Murray still feels out of place without Ovejita. The transitions that have her counting (in Spanish) whatever Murray conjures up, shows the teamwork I've come to expect.

Of course, "Monster Came and Ate My Red 2" was funny as both a song parody and a sight-gag sketch; Cookie Monster's appearances in flashbacks and the present showed him true to his old-school character. (How many of us knew Cookie would also eat the second red 2? Most of us, I bet... :insatiable:)

Edited to add: The live-action "Somebody Come and Play" remake wasn't half bad; I'll take real kids at play, skipping past parts of the song, over the same old animated versions any day. (Did the teacher at P.S. 22 copy those notes from an old Sesame songbook?)

As for "Elmo's World"--it's a crying shame that Sesame Workshop can't even replace it with a different Elmo-centered series. There have been no new installments for two years now, and not even a rumor of new ones coming out. Sooner or later, even a die-hard fan in day care is going to get bored with EW after seeing the whole series. :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for "Elmo's World"--it's a crying shame that Sesame Workshop can't even replace it with a different Elmo-centered series. There have been no new installments for two years now, and not even a rumor of new ones coming out. Sooner or later, even a die-hard fan in day care is going to get bored with EW after seeing the whole series. :sigh:
I really want to see them try to slowly ween kids off of it. I mean, if they take about 15 minutes of random Elmo footage, would that be any different, and would that hold their interest? I know the 2 episodes that didn't have it somehow confused kids, but that's probably because they didn't have Elmo in the episodes at all. I want to see them try that again. Or at LEAST experiment with Elmo's Backyard.