I'm stuck (glove hand puppet question)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
So Goochman, along the terms of the snaps again, how many did you put on to make sure that the arm stays attached when you're moving it around?

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Hi guys. I got a question if someone can help me. I'm working on a glove hand puppet and I'm having trouble with the arm. I made a similar puppet once before and just attached the arm to the body, stuck it through the shirt and then put my hand up through the whole thing. It worked but I feel stuck in the shirt. I know that the traditional way to do puppets like this is to attached the arm at the elbow ( I think) But I'm still lost at exactly what I'm doing. Do you guys have any suggestions? How do I attach the arm and then handle the puppet so that it looks believable?
Here are some links to help you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZN2RB6nM2o

http://www.aaaaaaaaaawsnap.com/2010/06/how-muppets-work.html

Goochman

Reaction score
So Goochman, along the terms of the snaps again, how many did you put on to make sure that the arm stays attached when you're moving it around?
3 seems to hold it just fine, you could use 4 if you wanted to. I just buy the small snaps at Joann's Fabric and sew them on

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Thanks for the link and the video TCW. Those are great. That's just amazing how well the two hands work together in that video.

Goochman, I don't know if you feel the same wya I do about snaps but after spending half an evening trying to sew those things on my puppet I have one thing to say...
"Snaps are Evil!"
My hand hurts:ouch:

Goochman

Reaction score
oh I never said it was pleasant... just that it works well :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
oh I never said it was pleasant... just that it works well :smile:
I know they really do. I just nearly through the puppet through a wall because I was having such a hard time getting a needle through those little holes with the thread still on it. I tried using contact cement but that doesn't hold well enough.