Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Nick22

Reaction score
I so wish there was still an open Disney Store near me!

beaker

Reaction score
Still not a single Muppet item near me...there was actually people asking for it.
I'm guessing even when they do get some in, it won't be much...might not even be featured prominently.

Is Disney in some ways ashamed or trepedatious about the Muppet brand?

Why arent the Muppets, save for the FAO stuff, being seen in stores?

I see a bunch of happy feet, smurfs, etc stuff. Hardly to no Muppet stuff. People keep saying "be patient", but is there even toys planned?
How come theres toys for every kids movie that comes out these days but no toys planned for this film? You go to the Disney store and youd never know a Muppet film is coming out, as they as usual feature the usual pixar and disneyana stuff.

Enginerd

Reaction score
I stopped by my local Disney store today and they were fully stocked with Muppet stuff. They had all the plush in stock, 3 or 4 T-shirts, mugs, vynalmation, and 2styles of reusable bags. They were also showing the muppet trailer on the big screen. Unfortunately, some lady in the store commented "What's Sesame Street doing in the Disney store?" when she saw the Muppet plush... :boo:

beaker

Reaction score
I stopped by my local Disney store today and they were fully stocked with Muppet stuff. They had all the plush in stock, 3 or 4 T-shirts, mugs, vynalmation, and 2styles of reusable bags. They were also showing the muppet trailer on the big screen. Unfortunately, some lady in the store commented "What's Sesame Street doing in the Disney store?" when she saw the Muppet plush... :boo:
haha, thats the problem. The Muppets have been so far outside of the pop-tainment societal sphere of awareness, with Sesame Street being the only Henson creation with an aggressive presence...that aside from college kids, some parents and a few smart kids the whole muppets thing may be lost on them. Sadly many seem to think muppets=riding on nostalgia. But it is funny how the whole premise and marketing of the Muppets film is built around the perception amongst the public that the Muppets are hasbeens and have little visibility. The mugs and vinylmation I think have been out for some time, as well as the bags. Were the plushes and t shirts the only new thing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still not a single Muppet item near me...there was actually people asking for it.
I'm guessing even when they do get some in, it won't be much...might not even be featured prominently.

Is Disney in some ways ashamed or trepedatious about the Muppet brand?

Why arent the Muppets, save for the FAO stuff, being seen in stores?

I see a bunch of happy feet, smurfs, etc stuff. Hardly to no Muppet stuff. People keep saying "be patient", but is there even toys planned?
How come theres toys for every kids movie that comes out these days but no toys planned for this film? You go to the Disney store and youd never know a Muppet film is coming out, as they as usual feature the usual pixar and disneyana stuff.
I think the problem is ALSO with the general retailers, not just Disney. Let's not forget TRU couldn't wait to drop Muppet action figures and didn't even bother carrying past series 2. I don't see anything going to Target that fits in with the rainbow colored nightmares of girl's toys and movies based off of comics based off of toy lines based off cartoons based off of comics toy lines for the boys. Seriously... I found the fact they made Adventure Time and Phineas and Ferb toys AMAZING as they were only cartoons to begin with.

Still, You think you'd see more plush toys and doodads around.

I had no doubts here or there that there wouldn't be anything except for some Disney store stuff... muscle of Disney or not, kids would rather get stupid toys that do something. Even when the Muppet toy line came out, it was geared mostly for adult collectors.

But PVC's wouldn't have killed them.

beaker

Reaction score
I think the problem is ALSO with the general retailers, not just Disney. Let's not forget TRU couldn't wait to drop Muppet action figures and didn't even bother carrying past series 2. I don't see anything going to Target that fits in with the rainbow colored nightmares of girl's toys and movies based off of comics based off of toy lines based off cartoons based off of comics toy lines for the boys. Seriously... I found the fact they made Adventure Time and Phineas and Ferb toys AMAZING as they were only cartoons to begin with.

Still, You think you'd see more plush toys and doodads around.

I had no doubts here or there that there wouldn't be anything except for some Disney store stuff... muscle of Disney or not, kids would rather get stupid toys that do something. Even when the Muppet toy line came out, it was geared mostly for adult collectors.

But PVC's wouldn't have killed them.
To me it's all, well a certain expletive. Im sorry, but it's total bullocks that we really don't have any muppet merch for the movie in stores. Weve been waiting a lifetime for this movie, but the one time Disney decides to hold back the merchandising blitz? "oh we're in a cautious buyer's market for toys"...geez, thats why Disney is filled with countless sweatshop pixar/disneyana crap everyone already has. None of this sits well with me

I wanna see muppet figures, toys, tons of plushes, you name it. Total 80's era saturation. Im not going to be one of those fans who sits there going "oh gee willickers, we have stickers, a couple shirts and a book!" Screw that. "Muppet domination", yeah let's see it. You'd hardly know Muppets(2011) was coming out from visiting stores.

I cannot freaking stand WWE/TNA/MMA, Dc, Marvel, Bakugan, Ben 10, Power Rangers, Star Wars toys(used to be into it), DWA toys, etc. Nothing at Target or TRU appeals to me(cept maybe the gamer toys, but its the same Mario vinyl toys we've gotten since 2006) Bring on the Muppet toys! Dont let 2002-2004 be the last Muppet merch deluge!

Drtooth

Reaction score
To me it's all, well a certain expletive. Im sorry, but it's total bullocks that we really don't have any muppet merch for the movie in stores. Weve been waiting a lifetime for this movie, but the one time Disney decides to hold back the merchandising blitz? "oh we're in a cautious buyer's market for toys"...geez, thats why Disney is filled with countless sweatshop pixar/disneyana crap everyone already has. None of this sits well with me

I wanna see muppet figures, toys, tons of plushes, you name it. Total 80's era saturation. Im not going to be one of those fans who sits there going "oh gee willickers, we have stickers, a couple shirts and a book!" Screw that. "Muppet domination", yeah let's see it. You'd hardly know Muppets(2011) was coming out from visiting stores.
I want that stuff as much as you do... but the difference between that and Toy Story and Cars is that Toy Story and Cars have always made a fortune off of merchandising... I don't think Disney quite gets how huge Muppet stuff would be because in the past couple years when they had anything, it was all seasonal stuff they cleared out as soon as they got in.

I also don't like the fact that we have to wait for the movie's exact drop date for merchandise, and I especially don't like having to wait for the movie to do well to see more. There is no call on there being no Muppet merchandise to begin with in the stores anyway. What was the dumping of the Disney Dreams plush to bargain stores about anyway?

It's still a crapload more than we got from Up (a hit movie... there was NO excuse for the figure sets NOT going into mass production at all, they would have sold a lot more than their tepid Bob The Builder only he's hispanic preschool line) and considering we got like 4 bean bags and nothing else out of ENG (They can shove the bull about the movie being about "A king who loved his country" as much as they want... it would have been a lame Road to El Dorado clone if they didn't make it awesome). But then again, when they overmarketed their precious tween pop stars, they couldn't sell the merchandise at 90% off. They were flooded with a gluttony of useless and unsellable Hanna Montana and Johnas brothers stuff. So it shows they underestimate things.

Above all, no one's buying toys like they used to unless they're older collectors or 5 year olds. Everything has to be an iPhone app now. That's all anyone cares about. Though, there's no excuse why they never finished those other 2 Muppet Apps.

The fact that these plush, as soon as they hit the internet, sold out proves they're wrong about the slow and easy. Something tells me, even if the movie doesn't do well, the toys will still be a hit and we'll have to wait forever for more of them.

But the main point is... HEY! We're getting Pepe for the first time that you don't have to win out of a rigged crane game or bring your 5 year old cousin to a carnival and cry for. That's how you really win those things that take... what? 75 cents a piece to make?