Best "Occupy Sesame Street" Pictures and Spoofs!

beaker

Reaction score
Even as a veteran of protests and a fellow liberal, I'm starting to become a bit annoyed by all this "Occupy" stuff. I then discovered there was a lot of people doing "Occupy Sesame Street" spoofs as a parody of "Occupy Wall Street".

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Some of my favorites:

"Truly outrageous that 99% of the cookies are consumed by 1% of the monsters on PBS." :insatiable:

"In a democracy, it's your vote that counts. On Sesame Street, it's your count that votes. Ah-ah-ah." :batty:

"Why do they need a Big Bird?! It's a recession, what about a medium sized bird?" :wisdom:

"Wages at Mr. Hooper's store have frozen since 1982."

"The few prosper, while others live in garbage cans!" :grouchy:

"This occupation is brought to you by the letter O"

"Too many muppets are living in trash cans, while the big birds on sesame street are living in fancy nests"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even as a veteran of protests and a fellow liberal, I'm starting to become a bit annoyed by all this "Occupy" stuff.
I've always been kinda annoyed about it myself. In the end, it's not going to accomplish anything but give fuel to the opposition by purposely looking at the hippy element that drives me nuts. Is it too much for one of the protesters to hold a sign saying "Hey stock traders! Stop worrying about Europe and ruining our economy in the process" or "Thanks for manipulating the price of oil, Jerkwads!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What bothers me is that the cities are doing nothing about the protests, as they spread across the country (and yes, there's been protests in my own town as well), when clearly, there's all kinds of chaos that's been ensuing, like the riots that have broken out. I mean, what exactly are their demands anyway? Do they expect that Wall Street, and these big bankers and just going to throw big moneys out the window at them so they'll go away? I don't think so.

Just from my perspective, the whole concept really serves NO purpose whatsoever, I think so many people out there are simply bored enough and want to "do" something, so they join in on a protest that has more loose ends than a loosely-knit sweater.

Besides, like Drtooth said, protests accomplish absolutely nothing, and the protestors always go back defeated by their own purpose... no matter how much we say no, those we may protest against will never take no for an answer... I look back on the YouTube protests of 2009, and think what a waste of time, because did Google listen to us? No. Were they going to listen to us? No. Do they ever listen to us? No. These big conglomos are the same way... they're only in this for themselves, and God forbid they actually stop thinking of themselves and actually help the PEOPLE out there who have to do without the mansions, the yachts, the fancy cars, the 100 inch TVs and such and only have to survive on crackers and popcorn.

beaker

Reaction score
Some of my favorites:

"Truly outrageous that 99% of the cookies are consumed by 1% of the monsters on PBS." :insatiable:

"In a democracy, it's your vote that counts. On Sesame Street, it's your count that votes. Ah-ah-ah." :batty:

"Why do they need a Big Bird?! It's a recession, what about a medium sized bird?" :wisdom:

"Wages at Mr. Hooper's store have frozen since 1982."

"The few prosper, while others live in garbage cans!" :grouchy:

"This occupation is brought to you by the letter O"

"Too many muppets are living in trash cans, while the big birds on sesame street are living in fancy nests"
BRILLIANT!

Just came up with one...

"We are the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-99 percent!...muaahhahah!" *cues lightning"

But yeah, if these people spent their time volunteering in a soup kitchen or helping the elderly their own personal time would be more worthwhile. I love helping people, neighbors, etc. Heck no am I gonna go freeze my winnebego off to shout some vague over parroted talking point meme memos. What are these kids gonna do when the cold snap hits the east coast later in winter? Talk about an icy patch.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, I love the Cookie Monster photo and the Snuffy one, lol.

I don't mind the Occupy people; the financial imbalance in our society needs to keep being at least talked about. It's all too easy to let it be silenced.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't mind the Occupy people; the financial imbalance in our society needs to keep being at least talked about. It's all too easy to let it be silenced.
That's not going to change at all. The companies OWN the government. And we can say third party all we want, but they'll buy them off too. Bernie Madoff wasn't even made an example of, since other people in more legitimate businesses do worse. CEO's make unfair amounts of money, and they'll throw all their money at it to make sure they get it. They're NOT bright people. Their blinded by their own gluttony to realize it's going to destroy them too, but they'll move on to another company when it goes bankrupt, or better yet, get a golden parachute.

What bothers me is that the cities are doing nothing about the protests, as they spread across the country (and yes, there's been protests in my own town as well), when clearly, there's all kinds of chaos that's been ensuing, like the riots that have broken out. I mean, what exactly are their demands anyway? Do they expect that Wall Street, and these big bankers and just going to throw big moneys out the window at them so they'll go away? I don't think so.
The riots are the work of "the man." They keep getting moved to smaller, quieter, more easy to ignore corners, and if they resist, the cops gas them. Why is it only leftist movements get that? A freaking violent Nazi rally against a Holocaust monument is treated as a meek "oh, well! it's their right!" Maybe it's because they're defenseless that makes it all the more fun. Or maybe beating hippies up is a rite of passage.

But yeah, if these people spent their time volunteering in a soup kitchen or helping the elderly their own personal time would be more worthwhile. I love helping people, neighbors, etc. Heck no am I gonna go freeze my winnebego off to shout some vague over parroted talking point meme memos. What are these kids gonna do when the cold snap hits the east coast later in winter? Talk about an icy patch.
Here's what bugs me. In this country the poor have to take care of the even worse off. I've become so incredibly embittered by this over the years for multiple reasons... not the least of which my dad made probably less than a migrant janitor than his charity hospital job. That doesn't sound infuriating yet, but think about it this way... these poor people are doing the jobs they use as a slap on the wrist punishment for the rich if they get caught drunk driving or in possession of smack. And said rich don't even go! They send their secretaries to do it for them. There's no better analogy than that. The rich have so much money that the thought of non-tax write off/cover their butts/good PR that they spend more on the PR than they do on the charity work is PUNISHMENT!

The problem is they ARE a disorganized movement. They need to make a step by step plan of who to target in their rants first. Me? I'd go with the Investards that gamble away the future of our country so they have a Speed Grapher/Eyes wide Shut O party on their early retirements. The ones that reward big companies for killing all their American jobs, the ones that manipulate the price of oil based on fairy tales about China needing it, the ones that keep putting us in a recession because they're afraid about Europe even though they don't even know what they're talking about. Then the Sleaze-EO's, then the government.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's not going to change at all. The companies OWN the government. And we can say third party all we want, but they'll buy them off too .
Which is why we need to stop thinking that voting is actually solving any of our problems. The problem is in our own government and all voting is doing is keeping those same people in power. We claim we're exercising our rights and using our voices, but all we're doing every time we go to the voting booth is keeping the same corruption going in Washington (and that's for both parties and yes many third parties).

As far as I'm concerned, once you go to the voting booth and keep this corruption going, you lose your right to complain. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which is why we need to stop thinking that voting is actually solving any of our problems. The problem is in our own government and all voting is doing is keeping those same people in power. We claim we're exercising our rights and using our voices, but all we're doing every time we go to the voting booth is keeping the same corruption going in Washington (and that's for both parties and yes many third parties).
But the thing is, one does things a little worse than the others.

Sure, the right can point the finger at the left for all the things the left thinks the right has done... "OOH! OOH! Clinton sent our jobs to China!' or "OOH! Clinton deregulated the bank." The right's good at finger pointing and ticking off the left so they can vote indie so they can split the vote... but the right ALSO wants to keep these things. Regulation "kills" jobs for some reason (and as I said, if companies were self regulating, it wouldn't matter if the government made them mandatory or not), paying their fair share of taxes kills jobs (what jobs? Why, the ones they used the tax cuts to create jobs overseas so they can get even bigger loopholes), and basically acting like responsible corporations kills jobs.

The right can pin everything on the left, but when it comes to fixing it, they refuse outright. Look at what happened with B.P. They had NO problem pointing the finger at Obama because he got dirty money for his campaign from that company (but guess which party killed campaign reform), but when the President said that the company has to pay for their OWN mess they caused by corner cutting, some Reps started whining that it was shaking down a company for money.

One's bad, the other's worse. One actually does mutually beneficial things, albeit that don't go very far... the other just favors the wealthy and manages to tell the better off poor that they're working for them by giving up THEIR tax dollars as corporate welfare.

And how are we going to change things there? Come up with a new government that will take decades, even centuries of suffering to create just so they can become corrupt too?

What needs to be taken care of IS big business... and if someone on their payola manages to give them a tiny nik once in a while, that's the best we can do. Still, we need to take our anger not just out on the government, or the CEO's... but the greedy little bottom-feeders we call Investors and investment bankers. They WANTED this thing to happen, they let this thing happen, and they reward companies when it happens.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But the thing is, one does things a little worse than the others.
That's a myth at this point. We keep hanging on to the sliver of hope that there's a lesser of two evils. There is none. There's just evil and evil.