Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hey Drtooth, I don't know if you knew this already or if you're interested, but Hallmark stores are selling a really nice christmas ornament Of Disney/Pixar's Up. I was considering getting it myself along with that one of Beaker signing "Ode to Joy."

Up ornament

Beaker ornament

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Does anyone know what other muppets plush will be released in the disneystore? Will there be any other besides the 9 that are currently listed (kermit, miss piggy, beaker, pepe, rizzo, animal, gonzo, fozzie, and walter)?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
don't know at the moment but i'm sure there might be a couple more i guess hopefully bunsen the chef and uncle deadly will be made to go along with them

JJandJanice

Reaction score
don't know at the moment but i'm sure there might be a couple more i guess hopefully bunsen the chef and uncle deadly will be made to go along with them
Dude, if Uncle Deadly was made into a plush that would be AWESOME!!!! You can bet I would buy that one.

I would also be thrilled if plush toys were made of Rowlf and the Electric Mayhem band members (including Lips). But I'm not getting my hopes up, still one can dream.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I also have to say, I like that "Hollywood Studios clipboard" mystery set they got there, I'm so thinking about buying that one, would be happy to have Kermit and Jack Skellington, but really I feel like I couldn't go wrong with those characters, :smile:.

Pretty exciting to hear of all this new merchadise featuring the Muppets.

Walter

Reaction score
Darn it! I was too late, I hope they restock soon.. He looks great though! and the suit looks very nice as well :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Whoah, he looks just like in the film...almost like a Walter poser. These suckers are big tho, I hope they release 6-8" versions of all these guys. Love the Beaker, Pepe and Rizzo though. Gonzo...well he looks like he's on something:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I want that stuff as much as you do... but the difference between that and Toy Story and Cars is that Toy Story and Cars have always made a fortune off of merchandising... I don't think Disney quite gets how huge Muppet stuff would be because in the past couple years when they had anything, it was all seasonal stuff they cleared out as soon as they got in.

I also don't like the fact that we have to wait for the movie's exact drop date for merchandise, and I especially don't like having to wait for the movie to do well to see more. There is no call on there being no Muppet merchandise to begin with in the stores anyway. What was the dumping of the Disney Dreams plush to bargain stores about anyway?

It's still a crapload more than we got from Up (a hit movie... there was NO excuse for the figure sets NOT going into mass production at all, they would have sold a lot more than their tepid Bob The Builder only he's hispanic preschool line) and considering we got like 4 bean bags and nothing else out of ENG (They can shove the bull about the movie being about "A king who loved his country" as much as they want... it would have been a lame Road to El Dorado clone if they didn't make it awesome). But then again, when they overmarketed their precious tween pop stars, they couldn't sell the merchandise at 90% off. They were flooded with a gluttony of useless and unsellable Hanna Montana and Johnas brothers stuff. So it shows they underestimate things.

Above all, no one's buying toys like they used to unless they're older collectors or 5 year olds. Everything has to be an iPhone app now. That's all anyone cares about. Though, there's no excuse why they never finished those other 2 Muppet Apps.

The fact that these plush, as soon as they hit the internet, sold out proves they're wrong about the slow and easy. Something tells me, even if the movie doesn't do well, the toys will still be a hit and we'll have to wait forever for more of them.

But the main point is... HEY! We're getting Pepe for the first time that you don't have to win out of a rigged crane game or bring your 5 year old cousin to a carnival and cry for. That's how you really win those things that take... what? 75 cents a piece to make?
I'd be more thrilled about vinylmations if they were individual sculps like the simpsons/futurama/family guy/street fight mini figures. But it's amazing they exist...I mean freaking Waldo! Who woulda thought?

But yeah, I just have to hold out hope Disney is waiting til right before the movie and the black friday-christmas period to hit us with the Muppet merch tidal wave.

Im hoping to walk into Disney store and front and center is a big muppets merch display with tons of stuff. Anything less than that, we should not be happy. My fear actually, more than a so-so or iffy movie was a lack of merchandise. Up had a display up front, just for some reason they only had plushes of the rabid dogs and Doug. Never once saw any pvcs or toys, cept for a couple of bootleg sets on ebay(prototypes?)

I liked Ratatouie, especially the last act which got to me. Never bought any merch. There was way too much Wall E merch, I mean how can you have cuddly rustic robot stuff? I didnt care too much for the film or toys. (and I usually love robot or futuristic stuff) I couldnt stand, but can respect Toy Story 3. I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of the Cars franchise. I LOVVVVED Chicken Little(which to me had cg on par with pixar at the time) And I dug the Mcdonalds Incredibles toys.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Darn it! I was too late, I hope they restock soon.. He looks great though! and the suit looks very nice as well :smile:
That's what I thought too, but I was told that the Walter plush actually hasn't even been stocked yet, it's just a placement for the plush when it does come out from what I understand. Too bad the Disneystore website doesn't do some sort of "pre order" thing.