Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

cahuenga

Reaction score
were interaction between Abby and mumford?? was Jerry voicing him??? also, which humas appeared in the episode?? thanks!!!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As I recall, I don't think they had any interacting; I think only Elmo and the Detective said things to him. Yes, Jerry did voice him and the only humans other than the detective were Chris and Leela.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
were interaction between Abby and mumford?? was Jerry voicing him??? also, which humas appeared in the episode?? thanks!!!!!
I believe the only human (not counting Detective Bates) was Chris but he only appeared briefly. It did sound like Jerry voicing Mumford, but sadly he didn't really interact with Abby. They just happened to be in the same scene.

I thought I'd make an edit here. I didn't see that someone else replied already, but that's okay because I forgot to mention Leela.

About Mumford's appearance, that was great and all, but you'd think an a detective episode there would be some mention of Sherlock Hemlock. If I were him I would not want the others doing my job. Also when did they reference EW. I know they mentioned Elmo referring to himself in third person, but he's been doing that long before the segment started.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really not liking the 2 week wait for 2 new episodes, in cases 1 new episode.

Why didn't they just, after a certain point, just have one new episode a week? They didn't even do a new episode every other week day for a stretch this year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going through some personal stuff right now, and it kinda affected my enjoyment of the episode... anyway I just gotta ask, why did it take them so long to parody something like Iron Chef. I mean, Futurama parodied it before it was canceled the first time. But overall I guess it was fun. Jason was acting real hammy, that carried the humor of the episode. Loved the fact that Alan only won on technicalities because of that clumsy chef. Seems like they could have used anyone other than Elmo and it still would have worked. He was in all the new footage today.

Amy Adams's appearance just before the Muppet movie. Only time she can't promote it.

And I saw that Lever song a while back... I still don't get why we need it... catchy, yes... but strange.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was good. Finally, someone says Chris is annoying! The Amy Adams bit was cool. She is always so pretty. The Murray tune-ins were cool.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And I saw that Lever song a while back... I still don't get why we need it... catchy, yes... but strange.
Probably to give Bob some airtime. Lol. BTW, was it supposed to be pausing and everything during the whole song? That's what happened when I saw it, but when that was over, the picture was back to normal. I didn't know if the insert was supposed to be like that or if it was just my local TV station.

Seems like they could have used anyone other than Elmo and it still would have worked. He was in all the new footage today.
I agree, something like that would have been a good time for Cookie Monster to make an appearance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... I was destined not to like this one very much anyway. You'd think with Leela being the Yoga leader (whatever that's called, I don't care), they'd explain the Indian culture of it to some extent. I wonder if Telly's elbow being heavier than the other is some sort of inside reference to the type of puppet he is... other than that, the only laugh of the episode (Telly didn't nearly get frustrated enough for my taste) was Elmo's twisted yoga position and him hopping away at the end.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Bruno Mars' new song was cute, but the style is was done in, you can't help but compare it to "What I Am" from last year.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story today was cool. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The Bruno Mars song was alright.