Sesame Street at the Macy's Parade - 2011

wiley207

Reaction score
Anyone else catch this yet? It was pretty brief and unannounced, but it was still a fun romp. Same float as always, and I could see Alan, Luis, Maria, Bob, etc. on the float. Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster were in the nest, and Murray Monster even had a brief solo! (Sounds like Murray's rising up to stardom as much as Abby Cadabby has!)
Still no Barkley or Alice though :frown:

And yes, I finally got to see it this year thanks to my mother's better breakfast time planning this year. My brother even noticed Murray Monster bumping his head on the window :stick_out_tongue:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was wondering that if Abby was in a window, who was in the nest with Big Bird and Elmo. Cookie Monster's makin' his way in the world!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just caught it. It's always on around the first half of the 10 o'clock hour.
What was great was that they aired a commercial for The Muppets 2011 theatrical release, which I saw last night.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Murray got an actual line in the song. That show's how popular the character has become. No Ovejita with him, though...

Still, for me the highlight of the parade was the New Sonic the Hedgehog balloon. I WISH that was the Macy's annual plush toy, but for some reason it's the Aflac duck. Seriously, isn't it usually whatever balloon heads the parade? I'm glad I got that Sonic plush at a convention this year.

wiley207

Reaction score
Murray got an actual line in the song. That show's how popular the character has become. No Ovejita with him, though...

Still, for me the highlight of the parade was the New Sonic the Hedgehog balloon. I WISH that was the Macy's annual plush toy, but for some reason it's the Aflac duck. Seriously, isn't it usually whatever balloon heads the parade? I'm glad I got that Sonic plush at a convention this year.
Yep, it seems like the balloons are becoming less and less of a major parade highlight, in lieu of the constant musical numbers.

Am I still the only one who noticed they still play the old 1992-2006 closing credits theme when announcing the Sesame Street float? I wonder why they didn't update it yet? (Then again, when the Pikachu balloon was seen, they played the old 1998 "Pokémon" opening theme.)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I was happy to see the SS gang, I feel a little bad that they've been overshadowed a bit by the awesome new Muppet movie, because they are equally important to me in my heart! I'm glad they have kept up the tradition of appearing in the parade. It's always so much fun to see them!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I missed the SST float, but I did catch the Kermit balloon towards the end... I was kind of hoping for a like a full-blown Muppet float this year in hype of the new movie, but I guess not. Oh well.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I liked the float this year! I had never heard this song before but I love how the adults had little solos in the songs too. I mean when was the last time Alan led a musical number?! I love leela's voice. But, anyone else notice that the float was quite crowded this year? There was like 50 kids with instruments and all the adults were down on the floor too. Nobody was up on the staircases, which would have helped with the clutter. And there like three Muppets in every window and nobody in the first story windows. It all just seemed very crowded. But, who am I to raise an eyebrow? It was a fun performance and I loved watching it

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to have stuck with it to the end to see the Kermit balloon there too.
BTW: Can anyone give a descript of the Tim Burton entry? Thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A boy consisting of a large blue, crudely sewn together balloonish head and a red and white striped body. It had the Tim Burton signature demented look all while managing to look cute.