Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Eh... I was destined not to like this one very much anyway. You'd think with Leela being the Yoga leader (whatever that's called, I don't care), they'd explain the Indian culture of it to some extent. I wonder if Telly's elbow being heavier than the other is some sort of inside reference to the type of puppet he is... other than that, the only laugh of the episode (Telly didn't nearly get frustrated enough for my taste) was Elmo's twisted yoga position and him hopping away at the end.
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing since I have heard that Pam Acrieo, or however you spell her name, often worked his left arm, or was it his right arm? I often get those two mixed up. Lol.

I liked the song by the Count. It's nice that he got some airtime.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad I waited to see that in the show.... it was THE highlight of the episode. I can't help feeling they did the street story before... I don't get why Elmo's there other than to have Elmo... I still think his pairing up with Abby is forced, and there's a gonk in the chemistry. Abby could have very well been there herself or any variety of other characters... other than that it was okay, I guess.

And I have to say, the word on the street bits are getting way too repetitive again. Anytime Abby's there, you can tell that she's going to screw up her magic, turn someone into the word of the day, and that celeb is going to say "Hey! What happened?" EVERY SINGLE TIME! We get it... she's clumsy at magic.

There's nothing I can say about Spider-Monster that isn't already obvious. Skits like this and G prove that the writers want to write sharp, fun, biting jokes, but are shackled by too many constraints that we all know well enough for me to have to repeat them. if only the rest of the show had that feeling... sometimes it does, but I fear that after the Pox News scandal, they have been playing it way too safe.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm glad I waited to see that in the show.... it was THE highlight of the episode. I can't help feeling they did the street story before... I don't get why Elmo's there other than to have Elmo... I still think his pairing up with Abby is forced, and there's a gonk in the chemistry. Abby could have very well been there herself or any variety of other characters... other than that it was okay, I guess.
I had the feeling of retread too when I read the plot and saw the preview. It thought it would be very similar to the one with Abby thinking Oscar was a prince.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was pretty good. I liked the song. SpiderMonster was awesome! Frank Oz came back to do Grover.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I liked that too. Though I can't help but compliment Eric on how good a job he does with Grover. It is often hard to tell the difference.

I know what you mean. It's like Abby/Elmo stories and Prince and Frog stories have been done to death. I was sort of hoping they'd at least make a reference to Kermit at some point.

And I have to say, the word on the street bits are getting way too repetitive again. Anytime Abby's there, you can tell that she's going to screw up her magic, turn someone into the word of the day, and that celeb is going to say "Hey! What happened?" EVERY SINGLE TIME! We get it... she's clumsy at magic.
True. I'd still like to see an ep with direct interaction between Abby and Mumford. Maybe Mumford could show her how to get better with magic when it turns out he keeps messing things up himself. Just a thought.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's like Abby/Elmo stories and Prince and Frog stories have been done to death. I was sort of hoping they'd at least make a reference to Kermit at some point.
Did "Elmo's World: Frogs" appear in the episode? That's the only Kermit appearance I'd expect to be in it (considering the street story involves a frog, it would have been great if they'd have shown something starring Kermit for once, like Tadpole or The Heart of a Frog).

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Did "Elmo's World: Frogs" appear in the episode? That's the only Kermit appearance I'd expect to be in it (considering the street story involves a frog, it would have been great if they'd have shown something starring Kermit for once, like Tadpole or The Heart of a Frog).
Yes it was Frogs with Elmo's World, and I agree that they should use Kemit more sicne he stared on Sesame Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
YAY! Now it's only a 2 week wait for one lousy episode! YAY!

Did I complain about how they staggered these out enough yet?

Really 3 months to show 9 episodes... :rolleyes:

Plus, I gotta admit, very stupid that the Falling Leaves episode doesn't come out until snow covers them...