Whose watching the Watches! Kermit Watch at Walmart!

Epiphany

Reaction score
A couple people have referenced Walter's watch in this thread...has anyone seen the actual watch Walter was wearing in the movie? My wife has been wanting a Kermit watch for years, but has been very specific in what she wants; nothing we ever looked at was "quite right." Then today, watching the movie, she almost jumped up in the middle of the theater; turns out Walter's watch is EXACTLY what she wants. I've searched all over, and have been unable to find it. Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
A couple people have referenced Walter's watch in this thread...has anyone seen the actual watch Walter was wearing in the movie? My wife has been wanting a Kermit watch for years, but has been very specific in what she wants; nothing we ever looked at was "quite right." Then today, watching the movie, she almost jumped up in the middle of the theater; turns out Walter's watch is EXACTLY what she wants. I've searched all over, and have been unable to find it. Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks!

I think it's this one right? Got that image from a random auction website. Which I hate to say it would be the most likely place to find one at this point. Good luck!

Puckrox

Reaction score
I wish the watch had number on it though. I feel like the only point of wearing it would be to show the world I loved Muppets. The second someone would ask me for the time I'd be useless.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish the watch had number on it though. I feel like the only point of wearing it would be to show the world I loved Muppets. The second someone would ask me for the time I'd be useless.
What are you talking about? It's clearly 4:45 by that watch. :wink:

Oh wait, correction... 4:45 PM.

Epiphany

Reaction score
Cindy, that's the one! I did find it on eBay, for $150. Seems like a lot for a pretty basic watch, although it has a great look to it and I can understand it being a collectible. Unfortunately, my wife is insanely frugal, to the point where she would absolutely go wild-eyed Piggy on me for spending that kind of money on this, no matter how much she loves the watch. Guess I'll keep poking around. Thanks for your help!

Bananapudding

Reaction score
Hi;

I only just stumbled on this whilst looking on the internet for Kermit watches.

I have the watch in the photo (aka Walters watch!:0)

These were given as gifts to employees of the Jim Henson Organisation in the UK around 1997/1998.

As I recall, production was very limited; hence the high value today.

Hope this helps :0)