Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

TikiColadas

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the new Muppets soundtrack! It is FANTASTIC! We listened to it on the way home back to Dallas after Thanksgiving Holiday...we had an 11 hour drive and listened to nothing but Muppet Radio on SirusXM and the new soundtrack all the way. It definitely made the road trip fun! Going to take my girls and see the new movie again this weekend.

Muppets4ever! :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I genuinely love this soundtrack! ! Sure some of the Muppets sound "different", but this is 100% Muppets. Interesting anecdote for you here...

The UK has yet to really be exposed to the "Muppet Domination" as we don't get the movie until February, so imagine the startled look on shoppers faces in my local supermarket as "Forget You" blasted out of my Crossfires speakers as I pulled up the other day :smile: I'm pretty sure I was immediately labelled "nuts"!!

I can't wait to see this movie!!!

Puckrox

Reaction score
"Pictures in My Head" has officially made it into my top ten most listened to song on iTunes. I bet it'll be in the top five by tomorrow...

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
This soundtrack is AWESOME!!! My favorites are Life's A Happy Song Finale, Rainbow Connection (though I wish it was exactly as it was in the film), and Pictures In My Head. I especially love the dialog tracks, pure Muppety Goodness!! :big_grin:

Gonna catch the movie again this coming weekend, with my Boy in tow (he's always better behaved when it's just us guys, lol). He & his Mama missed the last 10 to 15 minutes the first time around, so I gotta make sure he sees Rainbow Connection on the big screen. :smile:

Mahna Mahna!!

12Medbe

Reaction score
Love the soundtrack! Just put it on shuffle, just to make it a bit odd. You should've heard what just went on, It went from Kermit asking Tex Richman from the studio back, as an answer it shuffled to "Forget You/F*** you", I guess that's a no! hah!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I bought the soundtrack right before seeing the movie and if i did not like the songs in the movie I was going to return the soundtrack. It's been a week, and I'm so in love with this CD! Did anyone else have a hard time voteing for there favorite song on here I know I sure did?
Man or Muppet was great in the movie I loved how they did that, the song is something that I think a lot of us feel sometimes, and I think you can really feel Jason almost questioning it himself. Gary and Walter sound great together it's just a beautiful mix, and would love to hear more from them.
I have listend to Pictures in my Head, and Rainbow Connection several times and almost every time I get a little teary eyed. Especlay with Rainbow Connection When Piggy joins in the song that is what really dose it for me, after the emotional ride that her and Kermit have been through her comming out and singing his song with him was very touching and just thinking of that tugs at my heart.
I love the soundtrack and it makes me want to see the movie again and again!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about the soundtrack from the movie.

There's a version of Rainbow Connection sung by The Moopets...
And there's a version of the song properly sung by the Muppets, where Kermit sings the first verse, Piggy the second, and then the cast sings the third verse.

What's prompting this query is... There's now a third version of the song playing on MCR which has Kermit singing the first two verses and as the primarily heard voice (joined by the others) on the third verse. This version is preceeded by a promo where Disney wants us to meet Kermit.

So, any answers Phil? :confused: :eek: