If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

robodog

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Muppet Show on the Disney channel. It could use a few decent shows. The only decent thing they have going at the moment is Phineas and Ferb.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'd love to see a new Muppet Show, but I don't know what channel it would be best on. I don't know if ABC would be willing to give it a chance in network prime time, and I don't know what option would be best for cable. Disney Channel seems logical, but I'm afraid a Muppet Show revival on there would skew too much towards typical "children's entertainment" and not the all ages approach of the original Muppet show. I don't see how a Muppet Show would fit into ABC Family's programming approach, since all they air are soap operas and holiday movies.

The best situation for a new Muppet Show, in my opinion, would be a network that would be willing to let the show try and appeal to all ages and let the production team write without too much interference from commercial factors. Unfortunately, I don't think AMC is owned by Disney, but that's the kind of support a show would need to survive and thrive.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Muppet Show on the Disney channel. It could use a few decent shows. The only decent thing they have going at the moment is Phineas and Ferb.
That is exactly what I think!!! P and F is the one decent show on Disney Channel. :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is exactly what I think!!! P and F is the one decent show on Disney Channel. :insatiable:
P&F, I must stress highly, is a sign that Disney Channel can change it's programming... sure, P&F does have a tween following, but it also has a kiddy following and an adult following. I mean, Dr. Doof is the wackiest craziest cartoon villain since Powerpuff Girls went off the air. They didn't even want it at first... but they took a leap of faith and now, P&F is doing fine. If they realize the same can be said for the Muppets, a TV show is a cinch.

zoebell

Reaction score
hopefully, they would take a chance and let them do it their way. the spirit of the old muppet show wouldn't really fit with the disney channel as it is now, imo. it's too different in humor

not that it would be exactly the same, either. i'm sure some things would be different

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Thanks bingboing cutie! All I remember from that episode was Animal saying how much he loves her, and Fozzie's mother being in the audience and falling asleep.
I completely forgot about the animal part; if it has a woman, Animal, and love in it, you know it's gonna be so awesome! I think there was only one time that it was Animal who didn't want the relationship, in MFS. They really should have included Kathy Griffin in the new movie.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I completely forgot about the animal part; if it has a woman, Animal, and love in it, you know it's gonna be so awesome! I think there was only one time that it was Animal who didn't want the relationship, in MFS. They really should have included Kathy Griffin in the new movie.
Yeah! I bet Animal was just surprised, because women hardly ever love him, so he probably wasn't truly ready to start a relationship. I know what you mean about working a past cast member into the script, because I was upset when Charles Grodin (Nicky Holiday) wasn't going to be in the script. He was supposed to be in the deleted jail scene.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
On a side note, I just watched episode 410 of the original series, and one of the subplots is that J.P. Grosse is letting Arabs drill for oil on the Muppet studio property. I wonder if Segel and Stoller had this episode in mind when they wrote the movie? Maybe J.P. will appear in the follow-up movie, if they have one.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Yeah! I bet Animal was just surprised, because women hardly ever love him, so he probably wasn't truly ready to start a relationship. I know what you mean about working a past cast member into the script, because I was upset when Charles Grodin (Nicky Holiday) wasn't going to be in the script. He was supposed to be in the deleted jail scene.
What? Really? Man, they should have gotten all the past stars from the big three and put them into the movie. Of course, then it might seem more like an homage to the Muppets and less like just another Muppet movie in the series.

Oh yeahhh.....I never thought about that. It's Animal who's always chasing women and the women who are screaming back...