Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Puckrox

Reaction score
I really don't like the trend that the Disney Store has got going. It seems, mostly with the shirts, that Girls = Kermit and Guys = Animal. I'd really love to get a shirt with the Kermit with his Banjo design.
THIS. What I've seen, girls mostly get Miss Piggy and some Kermit, while guys gets a whole slew of other things. How come there aren't any Gonzo shirts specifically made for females? They're all either male or unisex. I would love a nice, form fitting Gonzo shirt. Is that too much to ask, world?

Ozymandias

Reaction score
THIS. What I've seen, girls mostly get Miss Piggy and some Kermit, while guys gets a whole slew of other things. How come there aren't any Gonzo shirts specifically made for females? They're all either male or unisex. I would love a nice, form fitting Gonzo shirt. Is that too much to ask, world?
In my town, when Wal-mart was selling Muppet graphic T-shirts and long sleeved shirts, EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. was in the MEN'S. SECTION. There was no Muppet merchandise whatsoever for the girls. None. So I rolled my eyes and strolled on over to the guy section to snag myself an awesome Kermit shirt and a long-sleeved Animal shirt. Funnily enough, while the Kermit shirt was rather loose, the Animal shirt was form-fitting on me. Go figure. It was weird at first because both of them were those closed-necked type shirts that men seem to like so much, but I got used to it and I loved them. But yeah, boo on Disney and Wal-Mart for being sexist and not having any Muppet merch for the girls. :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
Seems like we're stuck in the 90's. Animal this, Animal that. I remember all sorts of Animal merch back then. I was delighted when I came across a Beaker shirt as well as an Electric Mayhem shirt in 2003 at Hot Topic. Funny to think back then with no movie or anything major, the Muppets had so much merchandise. Now days, there's only a few random wearable items and not much else.

robodog

Reaction score
Who do I have to kill to get a decent Rowlf shirt?

jrxing

Reaction score
I wish they would come out with a decent míss piggy shirt! How come other stores have better merchandise.

Carl23

Reaction score
Who do I have to kill to get a decent Rowlf shirt?
Rowlf ANYTHING for that matter. With his role being so big in The Muppets, he should definently be on the list for merch when the Disney Store is supposed to do "more" when the DVD releases. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens, becuase they do it for almost everything, and they would be screwing up royally if they don't have another set of plushes planned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish they would come out with a decent míss piggy shirt! How come other stores have better merchandise.
I don't see why every shirt has to be either Kermit or (more likely) Animal. Animal is like the Elmo of the Muppets, if only for the fact he's got too much of a presence in the merchandise. Considering how Beaker and the Swedish Chef both transcended cult and became mainstream cultish, why aren't there more Chef and Beaker shirts? Not just in the Disney Store, but anywhere they sell shirts. I mean, Chef and Beaker were featured the most in the Muppet Viral videos.

I guess we'd tend to see more Muppet Shirts in other places if there wasn't so many dang Angry Birds shirts everywhere. Really... it's like ALL they have in stores anymore is Angry birds shirts.

Carl23

Reaction score
I don't see why every shirt has to be either Kermit or (more likely) Animal. Animal is like the Elmo of the Muppets, if only for the fact he's got too much of a presence in the merchandise. I guess we'd tend to see more Muppet Shirts in other places if there wasn't so many dang Angry Birds shirts everywhere. Really... it's like ALL they have in stores anymore is Angry birds shirts.
YES, you have hit the nail on the head, my friend. On both accounts. I like Animal and all, but I find it really irritating that he's EVERYWHERE in the merch. I'd peg him below Fozzie or Gonzo in terms of "Main Character", but anytime it's 3 characters it's almost always Kermit, Piggy, and Animal. And i'd flip for anything of Swedish Chef. AND I don't think it's been mentioned but on the UK DisneyStore site every plush has a "Group Pic" of all of them, and in it is a plush Swedish Chef. HOPEFULLY he got pulled and is still planned to be released.

On a semi-related note, they do sell Statler and Waldorf shirts at Disney Parks. You can't go wrong with Kermit shirts, but it would be great to see more with Fozzie and Gonzo, they seem to be getting the short end of the T-Shirt stick.

And I won't even start on the Angry Birds topic, but it is WAY overmerchandised for a graphic re-design of a "Time waster" game that's been around for around 10 years.

jrxing

Reaction score
I AGREE! WAY TOO MUCH ANIMAL MERCHANDISE. BUT I DO HAVE TO SAY THAT I HAVE FOUND THE WHAT MERCHANDISE THAT DO HAVE WITH MISS piggy TO BE DISAPPOINTED. GIVE US SOME FOZZIE &I Fields OR GONZO!