"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've seen it three times with very good friends, but I have two more coming that I've been looking forward to immensely. Christmas Eve I see it with my dad, who introduced me to the Muppets, and New Year's Eve I see it with my girlfriend, who was in Edinburgh when it came out. It's the first time for both of them and I absolutely can't wait.

sesamekid75

Reaction score
I have seen it twice so far. The first was a late show on Wednesday, so it was pretty much just adults in the theatre. It was a small crowd, but a fun one, I think a lot of the group were pretty big fans. Every person stayed until the very last credit was done and we all applauded and someone said "aw, is that it? I wish there was more!"

The 2nd time I went was a matinee and there were definitely more kids in the theatre - but I have to say - you really couldn't tell, so I think that says they were definitely into it, which is awesome. And it was a packed theatre and there were still quite a few people who stayed through the credits. And again, more applause!
It is so neat to see the age diversity from young children to adults when it comes to the Muppets. And I have never heard of going to a late Muppets movie just with adults and having them enjoy it so much like that. Sounds like fun! If I can, I should try it sometime!

sesamekid75

Reaction score
This movie was awesome. I went to this movie expecting something great and it really was. During the movie I found myself singing to the songs I knew and swaying my head side to side during "Rainbow Connection." It definateley left me thinking of a much simpler time days after the movie. If I could afford the movie prices I would go see it again. And yes I got a little teary eyed during the end, but what can I say? This movie really brought me back. This movie is better than any movie that came out this year.
The muppets have a way of doing that, bringing us back to the simplicity of days past. I know they have brought me back to my childhood. And I don't watch many movies, and I loved this one, so glad I went to it!

sesamekid75

Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie very much...seeing so many of the classic characters again really put a smile on my face! My fav (Link!) even got to sing...(excited shriek!!). It saddened me to see only 7 other people in the theater (this was in upstate NY) on opening night. I hope that more people went to go see it at my local theater after Turkey Day. I also agree that they should have added something after the credits for our Muppety pleasure. I was still watching the screen in anticipation as my boyfriend was gently tugging my arm as we were leaving the theater aisle...LOL. I will definitely be going back for a second viewing...maybe a third...or fourth...
You should go see it as many times as you can! It's really good!

Puppet crazy

Reaction score
I loved it.

I wouldn't have minded seeing even more of the Muppethon. Even if it meant cutting time off the first half of the movie.

The ending was too rushed too. I actually thought they were outtakes until I realised it was still the movie.

Maybe they could have has a studibaker as the car.

sesamekid75

Reaction score
Last time I saw it was the smallest group of people in the theater I've seen yet. There was a family and then my friend and I. But oh my god, the friend I went? I have never seen a movie with such a spastic person. I'm glad she was so enthusiastically happy, but there comes a point where flailing your arms over every single joke gets to be a little tedious and redundant...

But everyone enjoyed the movie, so that's good.
God bless her, at least she had fun and so did you, right?

sesamekid75

Reaction score
Don'
Oh, don't let it get you down. People do not laugh as much in small crowds. I went last night, solo, only to have a friend and her husband randomly show up. Until she came, I was all alone in the theatre. (It was a late showing on a Monday, so, not surprised.) Her husband was obviously reluctant to be there, but it was her turn to pick. She laughed a lot, and he seemed completely restless. Right up until Man or Muppet (how can anyone resist that song?!) I was convinced he hated it He seemed to enjoy Man or Muppet, and everything... and then, my friend and I got a hilarious surprise, as at the very end of the movie, he was wiping all kinds of tears away. It was fantastic. She said he's never done that ever. She's never seen him cry at all.

I love the way this movie can get to non-muppet people. I haven't met anyone yet who's seen it and didn't love it, and that includes my non-muppet friends.
Don't feel too bad. While I was surrounded by laughing children and adults, the person accompanying me didn't really laugh much, but who can resist Man or Muppet? She started to giggle a bit more then and I knew what she was thinking!

sesamekid75

Reaction score
You're lucky. Our theater had these 8 year olds that literally walked around the theater isles (and in and out of the theater) for the ENTIRE movie! I mean seriously, that's how kids get kidnapped in public places.

Someone in the audience was actually motivated to say, "Can someone at least pretend to parent?!" Lol, right on!

People wonder why no one goes to the movies anymore. It's because you have to go with OTHER PEOPLE! :shifty:
That's dangerous and distracting for kids to be loud and walk around like that!

outerelf

Reaction score
When I went to see the movie, the lightbulb died in the middle. They had to stop the movie, replace the lightbulb, and restart. We were in the middle of Man or Muppet scene.

The kids in the theater were not happy at being forced to stay the rest of the way....