Since when does Family Communications Incorporated own the rights to Sesame Street?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I was on Youtube this morning. And I found out from Jbranwynne53's account that he has a copyright strike from Family Communications Inc. (That's right, The company holder of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood). Well, FCI just recently claimed the street scenes for Sesame Street episode #1575 (All because Mister Rogers guest star in it). I looked at it and I went "Wait a minute! This ain't right." This is another false copyright claim. Sesame Street is owned by Sesame Workshop (FKA: Children's Television Workshop/CTW), Not Family Communications Incorporated. :mad::eek::boo:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Maybe there was some music of Mister Roger's used in it.

You should really chill out over every little copyright notice people get. So a clip is removed or miniscule user gets blocked; it's not the end of the world.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw the clip online, and it does include a bit of the theme music from Mister Roger's Neighborhood.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe there was some music of Mister Roger's used in it.

You should really chill out over every little copyright notice people get. So a clip is removed or miniscule user gets blocked; it's not the end of the world.
I get where he's coming from, though. There are just so many insane copyrights that pull down entire accounts to make an example of, and it rarely even comes down to full ownership anymore. It's more like second or third party complaints based on an old DVD release or CD soundtrack. That would annoy anyone.