"The Muppets" UK Movie Promotions

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I'm sure most (if not all) press appearances will be on YouTube almost as soon as it happens.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
It arrived in the post this morning! I think it's the best cover photo we've had so far for this movie in the UK.
I'm going to pick-up another copy next time I'm in town to keep in good condition.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I've just read the article. Not a lot about the movie (It's mostly about The Muppet Show) but it's a great article!

zoebell

Reaction score
i hope you guys are keeping a lookout for the talk shows and news shows this week in britain. i'm sure kermit and piggy are going to show up places, probably starting tomorrow.

i mean, if they taped jonathan ross today they're already there, so i'm sure they'll be making their appearances soon

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
I was at the taping for The Jonathan Ross Show tonight. Kermit and Piggy were so great, amazing to see them live on stage for the first time. They were referenced throughout the show and were by far the most entertaining guests. Jonathan really raved about the movie, saying how much he loved it and that the Muppet Show should come back to TV. They had a small purpose-built couch, which Steve and Eric must have really squeezed into somehow with great difficulty. The puppets were full-body and looked beautiful and alive. When they were brought out, a black screen was put up to hide them setting up and to not spoil the magic. In the interview they were very funny and off the cuff. They also talked about how the Muppets have a strong connection to the UK because the Muppet Show started here. There were the usual jokes about the male guests being in love with Piggy etc...They also referenced their Oscar nomination. As always Steve and Eric had great chemistry as Kermit and Piggy, but to tell you the truth while I was watching, the performers were the furthest thing from my mind. It's amazing how even up close the Muppets seem so real, that is the real genius of the Muppeteers. Making their own existence so invisible and giving the characters so much life and personality. Incredible to watch. At the end I caught a glimpse of Eric (stretching his neck, looking like he had been very uncomfortable in the confined space) and Steve walking away from behind the black screen, nobody else even recognised them I think and I was the only one who clapped as they exited. Steve turned around and waved. :smile: They were there for a good 40 mins I'd say, but I'm sure it'll be edited much shorter for the final broadcast. Between takes Jonathan got the audience to sing Manah Manah with him and Kermit and Piggy, which was amazing. All in all, a really wonderful an memorable thing to witness....

zoebell

Reaction score
oh, i can't wait! 40 minutes? wow. i hope they have the majority of the interview air

what did he ask them? was it the usual stuff or did anything particularly stand out? can't wait to see it

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
Pretty much the usual stuff, about their relationship, what they've been up to, etc... The best thing was seeing Jonathan Ross getting totally drawn into them as if they were real. He said things like "I can'r believe it, I just winked at Miss Piggy expecting she'll wink back."