Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I finally saw the Super Maria episode and it was a good one for fans of :super: .

I also saw the latest Big Bird one, as it felt almost like a classic Sesame Street story, but shorter...plus it had both Susan and Gordon in it. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This last episode made me realize - They are abusing the heck out of that "Cube Spin" transition from segment to segment. I know they edit on Final Cut; they have way more to chose from.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What do you want? Lisa Simpson already took her name off the thing...

(STAR WIPE)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I finally saw the Super Maria episode and it was a good one for fans of :super: .

I also saw the latest Big Bird one, as it felt almost like a classic Sesame Street story, but shorter...plus it had both Susan and Gordon in it. :smile:
Yeah. Seems like Susan is coming back on more of a regular basis. I also liked the Bert and Ernie sketch, though I think it was a repeat. Still it was a good one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently saw a clip with Robin Williams and the Two-Headed Monster, and noticed that, with his beard, Robin Williams looks like Jerry Nelson.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Great new sketch today featuring judge Sonia Sotomayor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
See? Isn't it so much better when Elmo emotes? Why doesn't he get this angry or frustrated more often? And great bits by Cookie and Grover. Only complaint is that Abby's only there for the sake of Abby being there. It would have worked just as well with Zoe, but at least it shows he can get angry and annoyed at other characters.

Robin Williams is always a delight... why did it take him so long to get back on Sesame Street? He hasn't been since the 90's. And back with the Two Headed Monster as well.

That Ernie bit shows it isn't too hard to put Ernie and Bert old footage in the show.

What was with that unenthusiastic, rhythm lacking thing about rhymes? Something about it seemed amateurish.

But LOVED that number 13 segment. They did nothing but good with that Aniboom contest. I'm sure a lot of these guys went on to make more skits. Seems like something from one of the contestants.

And loved the Supreme Court Justice sketch. Can't wait for some political hacks to pick that apart and turn it into something sinister.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's sad the Ernie bit was the oldest thing we've seen this whole season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But LOVED that number 13 segment. They did nothing but good with that Aniboom contest. I'm sure a lot of these guys went on to make more skits. Seems like something from one of the contestants.
Don't want to double post, but the cartoon was by a woman who submitted the "Lonely Eleven" cartoon for the contest that aired last year. They must have liked here stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't want to double post, but the cartoon was by a woman who submitted the "Lonely Eleven" cartoon for the contest that aired last year. They must have liked here stuff.
Yeah. I felt it was either her stuff, someone with a similar style. If there's one thing Sesame Street needed it was new animators making new number and letter segments. The Aniboom turned out to be a real boon for that. Said woman (who's name I don't know) should be a fixture in every way Bud Luckey, Sally Cruikshank, and Mo Willems were. Very, very good, high quality animated segments coming from her.

The Muppets are first and foremost the reason I always watched, but I always hold a special place for the independent animators who either stopped by or boosted to stardom from Sesame Street.