"MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I have a proposal to make. If 'Man or Muppet' does not win the Oscar...

WE RIOT!

Just imagine it; Muppet fans everywhere revolting against the establishment know as "The Academy." It. Will. Be. Epic.

But, fellow fans, let us not lose hope. Plan A is "Man or Muppet" winning. I mean how can it not win??? I seriously think they just added the Rio song in because you have to have at least two songs in each category. I feel like that's probably the reason.

BUT

If on some chance that **** freezes over and pigs fly (Even Miss Piggy) and Rio does win, we will riot. Imagine it, friends, penguins flying through the air as we make clear our demands to the world. This is Plan B.

Now, excuse, as I plan to "Occupy Kodak Theatre" on Oscar night with the fact that "The Muppets" wasn't nominated for Best Picture. :stick_out_tongue:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
or they could lose and kermit walks out with the muppets and sees all their fans out there to greet them.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
or they could lose and kermit walks out with the muppets and sees all their fans out there to greet them.
You sir, are a genius! We, as fans. should go down and have a party in front of the Kodak Theater and in case they lose, they come out with their heads held high and we all cheer for them! Then, suddenly we all break into a giant rendition of "Life's a Happy Song" (or, in this case, "Man or Muppet") and then the Academy people come out, see how awesome it is, and gives the award back to the Muppets! We get a perfect rendition of "The Muppets" finale and and Oscar! Brilliant!

Borples

Reaction score
Not to be an alarmist, but a usually-reliable blogger re-tweeted something from someone else today who claimed that a "good source" said that the Best Song nominees won't be performed this year. Since it's completely unsubstantiated third-hand information, I wouldn't even bring it up, except that it's the second time I've heard that this year. I wonder.

Borples

Reaction score
IF it's true, it would be really disappointing, yeah. I wish we'd hear something for certain. I mean, if they're going to do something like that, they ought to give us time to raise an unholy fuss first, right?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i know that would be amazing if they had a preformance of the song AND OR IF Man or Muppet won have jason segel and his muppet and Walter and i think Jim Parsons was his name

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I think they will perform. There as already beeen talks about it in various interviews. Even if it was the intention of the Oscars not too I think there has been too much public talk otherwise and I think they will have to let the songs be preformed. Its only two songs anywyas.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Yay! more awards for muppets! Wait... So they give a new Muppet, and Jason Segal a Oscar, but they wont give one to Miss Piggy? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol jk, I hope they win, because man or muppet is competing with a song from that movie rio.