Rowlf or Uncle Deadly Replica?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys!!

Muppet fan 123- Well basicly I was looking around one night...WAY before I joined muppet central and back before I learned Uncle Deadly would be in the new film...I was so excited that the muppets were coming back, that I had to produce my favorite character out of celebration! So I took a blue fleece plush and dismantled it, made some quick sketches, fired up my glue gun, and made a plush head..it took about three hours to get it just right. After I relocated and had a bigger aspirations, I decided "I want to bring Uncle Deadly to life" so I took a nearly new blue vest that my mom never wore(she was okay with me using it!) and I built it into a pear shape with a bump in the front(to give him a 3d-gut look like most muppet posers have) and then..after about 5 iterations, the neck was built using a tube sock and scraps from the sweater...The arms vary, and right now i am using some big gloves and a large button up shirt to perform him...This gives him the ability to wear heavy human clothing...For display, I put him in a muppet whatnot suit..I am considering turning him into a rod puppet..but he works fine right now so maybe not...when I get alot of extra cash I wish to build a perfect deadly replica..Or maybe by then I'll have enough to have a professional do it..Only time will tell!
Cool! Do you have any pictures of step by step of what you did?

Walter

Reaction score
Cool! Do you have any pictures of step by step of what you did?
unfortunately, I didn't think about it at the time..Sorry.. I wish I would've been able to create a tutorial now that I know how many people like him :sympathy:

Maybe I can draw up the patterns from memory some time:wisdom:

muppfozz

Reaction score
:crazy: You have Talent. Have you tried to make any other Muppet? :rolleyes:

Walter

Reaction score
:crazy: You have Talent. Have you tried to make any other Muppet? :rolleyes:
Thanks!
Well, I have made puppets of Kermit, Walter, Deadly, and I started to make puppets for Gonzo and Sam eagle..but those last two kind of fizzled and I've moved on to different things. I would love to continue making puppets and improve on my current ones, But I am financially unable to at the moment...Well, to be fair, Deadly was made of mostly recycled materials..but I am out of things to recycle as well:laugh:

j3h

Reaction score
Well.. I wouldn't call him a replica..But I have made an Uncle Deadly "Puppet..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is him with stuffing in his neck and snout standing in for an arm..The arms are having issues at the moment so i didn't include them in the pic..I'm considering making a new deadly my next big project..one with the accurate furry body and antron fleece head..
absolutely fantastic!

Any interest in taking a commission for a plush (non pupet) version of Uncle deadly? I positivily would love one if you are willing.

Walter

Reaction score
absolutely fantastic!

Any interest in taking a commission for a plush (non pupet) version of Uncle deadly? I positivily would love one if you are willing.
Wow! I'm honored for the gesture j3h! But at the time I'm afraid I'm not in any position to find the needed supplies and "economize" Deadly's design into something more professional(If you could see this guys neck, it has been tweaked until I got him just right) I do think it's possible that I could in the future though, If I find the needed fleece and find suitable replacements for the "sweatervest" body. I suppose making him into a plushie would be a little easier than a puppet.. I would probably use this pattern minus the neckline cut and fold, which would make him sit up easier.

I'll make sure to let you know the second I can commit to it:smile:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I hate to dig up an old thread, but have you done any more work on him since then, or made any new puppets, Walter? I absolutely love how Deadly turned out!