Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I read that there was a new segment with Grover and Mr. Johnson this season, besides Spider-Monster. Has that aired yet?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I thought I read that there was a new segment with Grover and Mr. Johnson this season, besides Spider-Monster. Has that aired yet?
Some SW employee commented on the SpiderMonster sneak-peak on YouTube, saying that Frank also came in to tape a second Mr. Johnson bit and a song. There's only one episode left of the season and I doubt those two segments would be in it together, so it could be one or the other or they both may not air until next season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's only one episode left of the season and I doubt those two segments would be in it together, so it could be one or the other or they both may not air until next season.
Or maybe one or both failed with test audiences and won't air... (but hopefully that's not the case)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
We really are seeing a lot of Susan this season... at least compared to recent seasons.

Another great classic ish (very 1980's) street story. And HEY! They had more Muppet characters in the background with a LOT of human extras as well. That's the way to do it. Would've been nice if there were a couple more Muppets in the back, but we got Prairie in a non-speaking cameo. Was that song the three kittens singing a parody of something? But great to see another great Gordon based episode. Shame they didn't actually do a parody of Harry Potter beyond the book, though... but great episode anyway.

OK Go's number was remarkable. Very classic, very fan driven I feel... No question... they need to come back to the show and do another number with the Muppet characters. They were working so well with the Muppet Show gang in that music video, I wanna see them do the same with the Sesame Street characters.
Also I could be wrong, but wasn't that Bob in the background? (Referring to the 'Furry Potter' episode.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
was Susan in the furry potter episode???
Yes she was. She did only have like a line or two at the beginning where Telly was asking her where Gordon was. Not quite as big an appearance as in the Super Maria episode or the Flood episode... but she was there.

cahuenga

Reaction score
and she was on the big bird nest episode too!! wow!!! a lot of Susan this season!!! she is a regular again!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some SW employee commented on the SpiderMonster sneak-peak on YouTube, saying that Frank also came in to tape a second Mr. Johnson bit and a song. There's only one episode left of the season and I doubt those two segments would be in it together, so it could be one or the other or they both may not air until next season.
Was it said who Frank Oz performed in the song? It could be Grover, or it could be Bert or Cookie Monster, or it could be another one-shot Anything Muppet (I think it'd be a stetch to expect it to be Lefty or Harvey Kneeslapper or somebody like that).

While we're on the subject of Frank Oz, it seems like back when he did the Mad Men sketch, it was a big deal because it was the first time he performed a one-shot character in years, but then this season he did The Heaviest Catch, and it doesn't seem like it's as big a deal. Maybe it's because it's only his second original character in three years, or perhaps it's because season 42 isn't an anniversary season, or maybe the parody wasn't promoted as much (or it was but no advance announcements were made of Oz's involvement), or maybe the sketch just wasn't as good as Mad Men (that last one's my opinion, though). I would list the option of the show it's spoofing not being that great (I don't think I'd heard of that show before the parody, and have hardly heard anything about it since), but then again I've never watched Mad Men either.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed the "Furry Potter" ep. didn't have Murray's pre-EW game. Can't say I was disappointed though.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I noticed that too, but I think they do need to get off that and give the show more time for classic Muppet segments. Hopefully that's a sign that they're heading in the right direction.