Zoot's Color

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone asked this question before but why does Zoot's color change all the time?
In the Muppet Show closing theme for example you can see a blue Zoot, but then at the end, there's a green Zoot.
In the Muppet Movie, Zoot is green. I don't remeber what he is in GMC, but in TMTM he's blue. In The Muppets, Zoot is blue also.
What is going on? Why does it change all the time?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Different puppets have different flocking color. I don't know If there is a reason for this other than not being able to match the color or just that they wanted to change the color

David French

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone asked this question before but why does Zoot's color change all the time?
In the Muppet Show closing theme for example you can see a blue Zoot, but then at the end, there's a green Zoot.
In the Muppet Movie, Zoot is green. I don't remeber what he is in GMC, but in TMTM he's blue. In The Muppets, Zoot is blue also.
What is going on? Why does it change all the time?
Simply because the puppet was rebuilt with a different coloured face. In Season One of TMS, the puppet has a grey face; in season two it is changed to blue; the first half of season three the colour is light aqua colour and from Muppet Movie onwards the colour is green. For the Hit! endings it's a dark green and from the various 80's specials onwards it reverts to a dark aqua colour.