The Muppet Mindset

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Given Ricki Jervais's previous track record with animals (as highlighted on his appearance/interview on the February 14 episode of the Daily Show), I'm worried he named any Muppet as his favorite.
Get away from that British comedian Robin! :concern: :eek:
Ju are a sick sick man okay, Jervase. :rolleyes:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppetology 101: Recasting of Muppet Show Characters, Pt. 4 - Jerry Nelson

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/02/muppetology-101-recasting-of-muppet_21.html
A couple of things not mentioned: Richard Hunt performed Camilla in the Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff VHS, and David Rudman performed Dr. Strangepork in the Muppet Studios Presents: You're the Director VHS. In the later, Nelson dubbed most of Strangepork's lines, but a few lines were unlooped.

You mentioned that Jerry Nelson last physically performed Floyd in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, but you later mentioned that Nelson didn't physically perform any of his characters there. I think his last physical performance as Floyd was at Muppetfest in 2001.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay, thank you for this class Professor Dosier.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Jerry is the "Man".

Oh, and I'd also like to point out something that made my draconic roommate furrow his brows. You state the first time Jerry performed Uncle D was in the TMS episode gueststarring Twiggy. Dunno if due to the production dates that would be true, but that was Episode 21 of Season 1... And chronologically, at least by episode's sakes, the first instance of Jerry performing Uncle Deadly was in the TMS episode featuring Vincent Price, Episode 19, a full two episodes prior to his introduction/origin story in the Twiggy episode.
BTW: Do you think Uncle D would be the defacto choice for Muppet boss character to confront if a remake of Muppet Racemania with four tracks based on the2011 film were to be produced?
They'd have to drop the Fraggle Rock tracks though, maybe replace them with more theater-based levels, that sort of thing.