The Muppet Mindset

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Well, Robin was puppeteered by another performer because Jerry was ill, but Jerry did dub/loop his voice. Following that was a five year abscence, then being taken over by Matt.

Hubert

Reaction score
Muppetology 101: Recasting of Muppet Show Characters, Pt. 4 - Jerry Nelson

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/02/muppetology-101-recasting-of-muppet_21.html
Thank you for the informative class, Professor Ryan. You taught me something I didn't know: I had no idea Richard Hunt performed Crazy Harry in The Muppet Show:Sex and Violence.
Oh, and I'd also like to point out something that made my draconic roommate furrow his brows. You state the first time Jerry performed Uncle D was in the TMS episode gueststarring Twiggy. Dunno if due to the production dates that would be true, but that was Episode 21 of Season 1... And chronologically, at least by episode's sakes, the first instance of Jerry performing Uncle Deadly was in the TMS episode featuring Vincent Price, Episode 19, a full two episodes prior to his introduction/origin story in the Twiggy episode.
OK, I am now mad at myself. Normally I would think, 'Uncle Deadly first appeared in episode 19, the Vincent Price episode, didn't he?' Then I'd make sure I was right on Muppet Wiki. But I didn't. :cry: (Wow, I'm using this Tutter smilie a lot lately)

Oh, and I forgot to ever mention, I've been reading The Muppet Mindset since almost the beginning, and I love it. I check it everyday probably 30 times waiting for the daily article. Thanks so much. You're doing a great job.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I read the article on the chef but I do have a slight problem with it (not to complain as I love reading everything on the Muppet Mindset... boy I hope I don't sound negative :frown:). When it talks about the Chef's role in the Muppets it says he appears mostly in the backround, but he does have several major parts in the movie including when Kermit sings Pictures in My Head. I think he is also part of the crew that Piggy uses to get the guest Star.

I hope didn't sound rude there :frown:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I read the article on the chef but I do have a slight problem with it (not to complain as I love reading everything on the Muppet Mindset... boy I hope I don't sound negative :frown:). When it talks about the Chef's role in the Muppets it says he appears mostly in the backround, but he does have several major parts in the movie including when Kermit sings Pictures in My Head. I think he is also part of the crew that Piggy uses to get the guest Star.

I hope didn't sound rude there :frown:
Don't worry, you didn't sound rude at all! I just completely forgot about those moments. I'll edit it at some point to reflect that. Thank you!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
We're also (finally) operating under a new contact email address: muppetmindset@gmail.com. Email us here with your questions, article ideas, article submissions, or anything else you'd like to discuss!