I'm a starting collector with a few problems...

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
So I've started my own Palisades Muppets collection, and I bought four online, Classic Sam, Crazy Harry, Bunsen, and Rizzo. But I'm faced with a few problems...

1.I took them out of the box, and as I don't have a display shelf, I keep them in a cardboard box. I'm worried about paint rub-off.

2.I need some recommendations for what else I should get now.

Dearth

Reaction score
Definitely look into a permanent display shelf-- and make it big enough for all the Muppets that will follow now that you've taken your first plunge-- but also invest in some large ziploc-style plastic bags to keep each figure from rubbing against others when they're being stored. Rizzo will fit in a regular sandwich bag, the others might need the larger freezer bags.

As for what to get now, Bunsen really cries out for the Muppet Labs playset with exclusive Beaker figure. And the others are all sorta lower-tier characters. I'd say to start with, you need a Kermit, a Fozzie, a Piggy, and most definitely a Gonzo... he's a good one to either drive your Sam Eagle crazy or buddy up with your Rizzo.

Choose whichever versions you like best or can afford on your budget. Me, personally? I recommend the original naked Kermit, naked Fozzie, EB variant Piggy (or First Mate Piggy, exclusive to the Swinetrek playset, but then that will demand a Link and a Strangepork) and the purple-tux Gonzo with Camilla. He's the quintessential version of Gonzo, although he's gonna cost more than the daredevil Gonzo.

After that, you may want to pick single characters for a while. Scooter, Beau, Marvin Suggs, Lew Zealand, Newsman... guys who don't really necessitate the purchase of any other characters.

Because eventually, you will find yourself with a Floyd or an Animal, and that's when it becomes a real obsession... to own a 'complete' Electric Mayhem.

And then you'll get a character in a tux, and want all the others. These are the 'slippery slope' Palisades figures. Next thing you know you're careening down the list of completism.

Ah well, there's worse addictions in the world. Have fun!

Alex

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Thanks! But how big are the other figures gonna be? I don't have that much room in my room for a huge shelf... and I can only find one regular Marvin Suggs on Amazon and who knows how long it'll be there...:concern:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I've heard some people say that some of the Palisades Muppets have tacky paint. Which ones are they?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
only a couple have tacky paint i believe steppin out fozzie lips marvin suggs dr phil van neuter and sam from series 8 don't if there are any others

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I bought a used Sam and it wasn't tacky at all, does that mean the paint becomes un-tacky over time?:sympathy:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Thanks! But how big are the other figures gonna be? I don't have that much room in my room for a huge shelf... and I can only find one regular Marvin Suggs on Amazon and who knows how long it'll be there...:concern:
Gasp! Someone bought Marvin before I could! Ah well, I hope there's another on sale somewhere.