Finally got my new computer!

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Yeah, pardon me for a moment whilst I brag about my new toy from good ol' HP, a dandy little machine that's been a long time coming! Man, I love it! Really snazzy, and the speed! THE SPEED! When Phil changed the forum last summer, MC became slooooow on my old computer, taking anywhere between thirty seconds, to over a minute just for a thread or a page to load, and don't even get me started on watching videos on YouTube... 480p and over was a sick joke, standard 360p quality was choppy after a minute, even 240p was screwed after the XP Security virus got me in December... but now, MC's fast as lightning, as are other sites, and it's so cool to actually be able to enjoy HD/HQ videos on YT! What's not to love about nearly 600GB of diskspace, 8GB of RAM, and 17.3'' screen that properly adjusts to 4:3 resolutions? Such an improvement from my old computer... here, just see the difference for yourself!

Remember when 512MB of RAM was to be impressed with? :cry: I'm quickly getting used to Windows 7 as well, though there are some things that made XP superior, like more customizing/personalizing, and apparently my old software and hardware isn't compatible... which is odd, considering I've been using the same screensaver program since the old Windows 95 days (remember those), and it's been compatible with 98, 2000, and XP, but not 7? Neither my printer nor my scanner are compatible with it either, but I still have my old computer to use when necessary, so yeah, it's not that big a deal.

So, close the curtains, lock the doors, make the squeamish look away, because the snowth is back in full force folkses! :excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thank-un you! It certainly is great to be able to actually enjoy the new MC the way Phil intended it to be (though I'm used to it, I still prefered the older forum); plus, it's also nice not having to worry about when other large websites suddenly switch to crappy new layouts and interfaces and such that they'll suddenly become super-slow because my machine isn't able to handle it.

And it's definitely going to be nice to create/edit videos without the entire computer crashing while trying to save the project in a large, high quality file.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*runs in, arms flailing* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Grape Nehis all around! *throws confetti and puts a cigar in Snowthie's mouth*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Puffs* Nothin' like a good cigar on a bright clear morning!

*Coughs* Or cream of wheat...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad that MC is working better for you now. That's great! Enjoy the new system.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yaay! Maybe we could throw you a party! Oh wait, they don't work too well online.

Maybe a virtual party! With virtual party favors! And virtual invitations! I'll go call virtual Dairy Queen and buy a virtual cake!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
If virtual cake will be there, I'm in! :big_grin:

Happy new computer! My current one is freaking out on me, so I may get a new one myself shortly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
WE'RE GONNA ROCK-N-ROLL ALL NIIIIIIIGHT...
AND PARTY EV-ER-Y-DAY!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*runs into the thread wearing black and white face paint and leather pants*

*looks around*

*crickets*