"Don't Eat the Pictures" now available on DVD

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's hard to tell, but it seems to be a legit release. Though I wonder why Warner Home Video isn't involved since this is a Sesame production that's been available with under SST titles and not some Shalom Sesame situation. I'll have to put this on my backlog of DVDs to buy. But $19.95? That's very expensive for an hour long special. Just throwing that out there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's hard to tell, but it seems to be a legit release. Though I wonder why Warner Home Video isn't involved since this is a Sesame production that's been available with under SST titles and not some Shalom Sesame situation. I'll have to put this on my backlog of DVDs to buy. But $19.95? That's very expensive for an hour long special. Just throwing that out there.
Well, they're an organization, so products are the best way to get money. I agree, it's rather expensive (a few dollars more than the regular Sesame DVD), but they kinda have to change that much.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
No way!! I'm glad to hear this, I was going to ask when they would put it on DVD. I own it on VHS and started watching it last week. It's a pretty good special.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I have known about this DVD for a couple of months, but didn't want to post about it until I found out if it was real or not. So I asked for it for my Birthday (which is very soon!), and was going to post about it after that.

I hope it is real. :smile:

Another DVD I saw online said it was a complete first season set of Sesame Street on 10 DVDs. That one deferentially isn't official, but I was thinking about buying it to see if it really had all the episodes, as it doesn't cost that much, and you could pay with PayPal, so I could get my money back if it was a complete con.
But, I don't know how they would fit all the (is it 140?) episodes on to only 10 DVDs, without it being very compressed.

What do you think?

I hope one day they release official season sets!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope one day they release official season sets!
Unless they did it of the recent seasons, they would cost so much that no one would be able to afford them. Maybe in the far flung future of the internet with digital downloads... but the logistics of putting 130 hours on a DVD set is astounding. Even the smaller, 52 episode seasons would cost a fortune. And you're talking about well over 4000 hours. Now, I don't want to break that down in original footage, since there are a lot of repeats in there, not to mention reused footage... but 4000 hours when you get 3 hours on a DVD... there would be SOOOO many DVD's in a single set.

So basically the fact that it's going to be so extremely expensive and no one would ever be able to get any of them that's stopping it from happening. I'd rather see a burn on demand, pick 3 episodes thing happen.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I just transferred my old taped copy of this special to DVD, so I'm all set, but it's nice to see this finally got a release.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Unless they did it of the recent seasons, they would cost so much that no one would be able to afford them. Maybe in the far flung future of the internet with digital downloads... but the logistics of putting 130 hours on a DVD set is astounding. Even the smaller, 52 episode seasons would cost a fortune. And you're talking about well over 4000 hours. Now, I don't want to break that down in original footage, since there are a lot of repeats in there, not to mention reused footage... but 4000 hours when you get 3 hours on a DVD... there would be SOOOO many DVD's in a single set.

So basically the fact that it's going to be so extremely expensive and no one would ever be able to get any of them that's stopping it from happening. I'd rather see a burn on demand, pick 3 episodes thing happen.
Yes a burn on demand DVD would work well.

You're right that it would take A LOT of DVDs for a complete season set, and that it's very unlikely to ever happen. But, the TV soap 'Neighbours' (which is on 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year - i.e. a lot of episodes!) has started to release it's first season on DVD (they have released the first 65 episodes so far in Germany, and say more will be out soon).

Also I think it could work on non HD Blu-Rays. You could fit a lot more episodes per disc that way.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
No one did get it for my birthday. They said they would, but I think they forgot. I guess I'll have to buy it as a treat for myself!

But before I do, I'll wait to hear from BlueFrackle.

I just ordered it, i'll report once it arrives.
Has it arrived yet?