Ok, the fixed version of Warldorf's "BRING FIGGIE BACK!!!"

Misskermie

Reaction score
WARNING- PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE WRITING YOUR INPUT!!!

Well, before you make any further decisions to just discontinue this thread about Figgie, I would like to report that what my friend Warldorf was attempting to do, was to just get a vote on who wanted to have Figgie come back, then, we would get We Got Us to get Figgie to get Figgie's mom to look at this thread. Then maybe, we could have Figgie come back!

He was not insisting that MC had a ban
Or that parental guidence was something MC could control
He was just coming up with a way to get our dear Figgie back online.
Warldorf asked for my help with this so, yeah.
Here's Miss Piggy's crazy long lost daughter who likes helping people to get the correct point out. YaY!

So, basically, we are going to express how much we miss her, and that is the plan. Disagreements are completely allowed. It's your opinion, but if you really want Figgie to come back, then I don't really recommend it... OK, SERIOUSNESS IS HALF OVER!!!

I'm going to write a small note here to Figgie's mom.

Dear Figgie's mom,

I know that as a 13 year old, I really don't have the authority to call you out like this, but there are a lot of people here on Muppet Central who miss Figgie, your daughter. Figgie is a good writer, and the thread that you caught her reading wasn't what you thought it was, I assure you! I'm 13, and my dad knows I read this stuff. He's also very sensitive on the subject. But below, (hopefully) will be people who would really like her back on the website. And we're not asking her as Creeps who want to meet her,
Or people who randomly put things on the internet,
We're asking her as friends.

-Miss Kermie

Warldorf

Reaction score
Thank you, Miss Kermie for fixing my thread! U R the best! People, this is exactly what I meant (more or less) and that her mother see we want her back! Please understand the mistake and make the original thread available again.

We all miss Figgie and I just wanted to show that. I felt really stressed out when I saw the comments. Understand that I didn't mean any harm.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We all miss Figgie and I just wanted to show that. I felt really stressed out when I saw the comments. Understand that I didn't mean any harm.
I can't speak for others, but I understand what you mean, I'm just saying, as someone who's considered an "old timer" here at MC, this isn't the first, and probably won't be the last time something like this has happened. It would be nice if this didn't have to happen at all, but the sad fact is it happens.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I can't speak for others, but I understand what you mean, I'm just saying, as someone who's considered an "old timer" here at MC, this isn't the first, and probably won't be the last time something like this has happened. It would be nice if this didn't have to happen at all, but the sad fact is it happens.
You sure said happen a lot. I'm kinda confused.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Though I highly doubt this will change anyone's mind...

Figgie is a promising young writer who deserves an outlet for her talent to develop, and here she found praise, encouragement, and advice. It would be detrimental to her further growth artistically for her to stay banned from a site which (I believe) was helping her realize her potential. Supervise if you must; know that no one here wished to corrupt any young minds, and nothing of the sort was going on at all. Ed and the other mods would never tolerate lewd behaviour, period.

Hoping Figgie is allowed to at least post her stories and read comments others give her on them.
----------------------

Hubert

Reaction score
Yes, agreeing with newsmanfan, Figgie is a wonderful writer, and this is a great opportunity to further grow in her writing. Really, there aren't bad people here. I don't know if it's possible for someone to be on a Muppet fan forum who is bad or mean, since it kinda goes against everything the Muppets are. Though I do respect parental authority, I really hope Figgie can return in some way here, so she can continue to become a better writer. We have a wonderful group of moderators here, who make sure that nothing posted on the forum is inappropriate or getting out of hand. It is really a wonderful experience for a Muppet fan to actually be able to know other Muppet fans, and for any writer, to be able to write for an audience that will give constructive criticism and encouragement, something essential for all writers. I, and all of the other members on the forum, really hope that Figgie can return.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I remember all to well a time when one of the brightest new MC members known as ThatAnnouncer was banned to return by his parents...

Certainly we were all up in arms about it at the time...feeling very hurt and angry. But the amazing thing is that after about 6 years, his memory and impact here are still at the forefront of many of the 'old timers' minds. I often wonder about him, and remember some of his crazier stunts here, and obviously wonder if he will come back. But...yeah...his presence certainly lived on! I hope he remained a Muppet fan outside of the board.

Guess I'm saying, I think its admirable that you are all campaigning (politely!) to get Figgie back, but if her parents do not relent, please don't get too hooked up on it. Her presence will remain, I am certain of it!

I will dare to make a small comment regarding her parents reasoning. I can understand that she was very young really to be alone in a place full of potentially grown-up conversations, situations and thoughts. And in the same way that her parents would be unlikely to allow her to hang out alone in a coffee-shop with a bunch of grown-up friends, they probably felt it was safest to keep her away, as they cannot proof-read or approve everything here. You know they were doing what they felt was best for her, based on what they saw, so try not to be too sad or angry at them either.

I am sure if her love for the Muppets was as strong as it appeared to be right away, then she will return when she is able. :smile:

*hugs to everyone who misses her though*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You sure said happen a lot. I'm kinda confused.
I'm just saying that Figgie isn't the only person who has had to be restricted from this site by a parent or guardian, a lot of other people in the past (the nearly nine years I've been here) have had similar occurances regaring parental restrictions for one reason or another: in the case of Figgie, it was her being caught reading a questionable fanfic, in the case of That Announcer it was him giving out too much of his personal information publically.

I know it's sad, but like Beau said, it's something you shouldn't get too hooked on, because more often than not, the parents don't change their minds about this kind of thing.