She Gets What She Wants

Ruahnna

Reaction score
FYI--the whole "waiting for marriage" thing didn't wasn't really a Christian thing. I was a "societal" thing, because it was understood, even thousands of years ago, that families and societies were healthier and safer environments for raising children when there wasn't a lot of indiscriminate boinking. Now, some societies were the exception, but all over the world in different continents and cultures, it was simply recognized that dad number two wasn't always going to be a fan of dad number one's kids taking time away from his woman and his kids, so most societies drew up their own rules and boundaries about sexual relations. So, in brief, I don't see that having Kermit wait until he's married (Piggy certainly intends to, or why all the fuss over a ring?) would necessarily connote a Christian-ness about it. Kermit's simply a one-pig frog. Or, I suppose, in a universe where there was no Piggy, a one-mammal frog. (Per Kermit's comment about always being attracted to mammals.)

I will officially stop muffining this thread and wait for more story.

Your Worship

Reaction score
I definitely agree that the idea of waiting for marriage is a societal outgrowth that has a lot of history behind it--not all of it Judeo-Christian, but in the context of the story--which is basically set around 'now' the 'waiting for marriage' has a Christian connotation to it. I mean, if someone told me they didn't want to have sex with me, even though they loved me, because they were saving themselves for marriage, I would immediately assume that person was a devout Christian. Maybe it's just me... :-*

Your Worship

Reaction score
Unexpectedly quick update:

The nursery was nearly perfect—a pink and white confection full of brightly colored toys and heavy baby furniture. The only thing left to assemble was the crib; it was slightly more complicated than she had anticipated. The screws didn’t seem to fit where they were supposed to, the legs wouldn’t line up, and the instructions might as well have been in Chinese.

Or maybe it was just that putting together a crib was a two-person job.

She sighed; that was a depressing thought. Piggy threw the screwdriver down in disgust, only to have it rebound off the crib’s backboard and jab her in the shin. She yelped in pain, then hissed as she rubbed it vigorously.

“Piggy?” came Kermit’s concerned voice from the hallway. “Are you okay?”

“Oh—yes,” she called, frantically scrambling over bits to get over to the door. “No need to come in. Everything is fine!”

The doorknob was already turning though—and with it came a terrible feeling of déjà vu. The silence filled the room to overflowing as Kermit stood in the doorway and stared. She wondered if he was remembering the last time they had stood like this. The things he had said to her still ached when she was alone at night—and the things she had said... Then finally, finally he spoke.

“Piggy—what is this?” The faint accusation stung.

Piggy straightened her shoulders defiantly. “This is my dream. And before you say anything, you should know that nothing you say is going to change my mind, so you can just turn right around and pretend you didn’t see any of this!”

Kermit’s expression went from blank to irritated in the blink of an eye. “Right,” he said sarcastically, “because this doesn’t concern me at all. I should have known you were up to something like this—I don’t know what I was thinking!”

“Up to something? The only thing I have been up to is decorating my own side of the house with my own money, so butt out, frog breath!”
“You’re decorating a nursery!”

“It doesn’t have anything to do with you, Kermit!” Piggy shouted. “It’s not going to be your baby!”

Kermit froze, his mouth open. If it had been any other situation, it might have been comical. Piggy just used the silence to push him out the door and lock it behind him.

She would not cry. She wouldn’t.

~~~~~~~~​

Kermit stared at the closed door for almost a full minute before slowly wandering back to his room. He felt as though he were in a daze. Piggy—his Piggy—was going to have someone else’s baby? That didn’t seem possible.

And then came the more dreadful thought….who was the father? Some nameless fling in Paris? One of those international actors who seemed to gravitate to her? Or worse…one of their friends….someone who would do anything to help if Piggy so much as batted an eyelash at him.

If that baby came out even faintly blue, he would find that long-nosed mutant and—

He cut that faintly bloodthirsty thought off; he was being ridiculous. Gonzo was in a committed relationship with Camilla and there was no reason to think Piggy would ask him anyway. No, it was far more likely she’d gone to one of those clinics—some cold, impersonal place where you went when there weren’t any other options. Had he forced her to that?

He sighed. How did they end up like this? He’d always assumed that someday he and Piggy would resolve their differences, build a house together—maybe even have a few…figs. But now…

Well—they were together and they were living in a house that was pretty much perfect for them. And Piggy was going to have a baby, but…it was all wrong. And now it looked like Piggy couldn’t even stand him.

Someday finally came…and it was too late.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wait, She's pregnant? Or is that an assumption? Oh well, I miss things. LOL And Gonzo's not the only friend he has. There's Fozzie, and he's single... Well... Not as long as I'M around here.:embarrassed:<3

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Caught up on this one at Ru's recommendation. (Hi Ru!) I like. As she said: well-writ, coherent, thoughtful, and an interesting take on the frog/pig what-if genre. The depths you've gone to in digging into both their psyches (though I hope to see more of Kermit's curious little green brainsquiggles in here, since we've had a good dose of Piggy's) is admirable and enjoyable to read. Please keep going!

Piggy at a (ahem) bank of that sort? Wow...hard to imagine. Then again it's hard to imagine her intimate with anyone but Kermit! Wonder how this will play out...
------------------

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I love this story! Can't wait to read what happens next.

Your Worship

Reaction score
Sorry, been internet-less for a few days. I meant to reply to you, Miss Kermie. She's definitely not pregnant--Kermit has jumped to the conclusion he fears the most. He's assuming Gonzo mostly because Gonzo has been the one to admire Piggy in a more sexual way than most any other character. Fozzie is awed by her, lots of the muppets think she's beautiful, but really only Gonzo and Peppe have shown an overt interest. (And could Kermit really see her with Peppe?)

I plan to show more of Kermit's thinking soon--they really can't go much longer without having a real discussion about all the things they're trying to avoid talking about.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I plan to show more of Kermit's thinking soon--they really can't go much longer without having a real discussion about all the things they're trying to avoid talking about.
I'm soooo glad! I don't mind to see him suffer a little for being an insensitive little twit, but I don't like to see him writhe, miserably thinking she's put all her eggs in someone else's basket. Plow on, dearheart! Like Kermit, we are waiting with "baited" breath!