Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Well, today feels great to not only be a muppet fan, but a Scooter nerd too (in other words, me :big_grin:). This is just wonderful to watch. I wish the video quality were better and wouldn't go out of sync but it's still an enjoyable watch. I love how excited and passionate Scooter gets in this and the new attitude that we're seeing here from David's Scooter for the first time. It seems to be a new direction David is taking him in and I like it!

After listening to the new Scooter, he sounds too much like grown up Baby Bear, but eh, he's still awesome.
The voice doesn't sound like Richard's, I know but to me, the character is all there and that's all that matters. Other recasts don't sound the same as their original voices either. Steve's Kermit doesn't sound exactly like Jim's but it still feels like Kermit to me and I think Steve has very much made Kermit his own too. I'm confident that David can do this with Scooter and I think this video is proof of that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK I just had to share this (if it hasn't been mentioned before), from the Memoirs of a Muppet Writer book:

"Richard was the unofficial tour guide of The Muppet Show....One day a class of blind children were touring the show. I walked into the shop to see Richard performing Scooter for them. Scooter was talking to one pretty little blonde girl of eight or nine.

'Here, feel my face. Here's my nose. Cute, isn't it. Be careful of my eye! And, what do you think of my jacket? Pretty cool, huh?'

The little girl and her friends were giggling uncontrollably. The memory of that is always the first thing that comes to mind when I think of my dear friend, Richard Hunt."

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful! I must get my hands on this book! I think I may post that quote on my Scooter fan page too :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful! I must get my hands on this book! I think I may post that quote on my Scooter fan page too :wink:
Oh yeah you definitely should! :wink: I actually just found the preview on Amazon, hehe. But yeah I definitely need to buy the actual book at some point (my birthday is coming up, hehe).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Don't know if anybody brought this up yet, but a quick scan of the poll results reveals that one person dislikes Scooter. After seeing the TED video, I have no doubt that Scooter is going to track this person down and set them straight.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know I haven't thought of this in awhile but a few years ago I had a dream where Kermit was depressed and bored so he was walking around the Muppet Show theater and discovered one of Scooter's computer games. The object of the game: the more ways you get what you want because your Uncle owns the theater, the more money and points you score...and Kermit actually started enjoying it! Lol, I still can't believe my unconscious actually imagined something like that, lol. :wink:

Hubert

Reaction score
Since we're talking about Scooter, my first fanfic I started features Scooter as one of three characters narrating a story, called The Secret Life of a Background Character.

OK, I'm done promoting my fic. :embarrassed: