Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Seriously, Scooter gets way too much hate and way too little respect. What's with all the hate? He's one of the original core cast, and was just as prominent a character as Miss Piggy, Fozzy, or Gonzo, and just as essential to the show, and more prominent by far than fan favorites such as Swedish Chef, Animal, and Beaker. Yet he isn't considered one of the core Muppets these days, and I guess he hasn't been since Richard Hunt's unfortunate demise in 1992. He also seems to get a lot of hate on the internet, appearing on a number of "worst Muppets" lists. Why no love for Scooter?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed he does get a lot of hate online, which surprised me.

And frankly any "worst Muppet" list that even tries to include one of the core characters is ridiculous on arrival, lol. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for the character... I really don't. Maybe he comes off a little like the obnoxious brat hired by nepotism at first, but that's... what? like one or two first season episodes? He really became something better since. I'm absolutely glad to see him back, even having a pretty decent bit of the movie, and turning up on SNL with Rowlf and the rest.

Slackbot

Reaction score
What's to hate? He started out as a Machiavellian little twerp, sure, but he quickly grew into an indispensable part of the team. Seriously, anyone who could stage-manage a gaggle of Muppets is worth is weight in gold and Prozac. Plus, he's cute and has the energy and bright-eyed enthusiasm of a puppy, he looks like a demi-Fraggle, and without him there'd be no Skeeter.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Scooter's really the epitome of a young person trying to break into the business. Banging on doors, pulling favors (i.e. Uncle with connections), taking on back stage duties, anything to get your foot in the door. He's a very classic character that way which anyone with a dream can relate to. :wink:

robodog

Reaction score
How could I hate Scooter? I dragged around the Fisher Price Scooter plush constantly between the ages 5 and 7 or so. Poor ragged thing. He was one of my favorite muppets back then.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yeah, Scooter wasn't one of my favorites when I was a kid, but I started liking him after re-watching the original show and movies as an adult. He's definitely my fav right after Kermit. I want to get his jacket, I know an official version exists somewhere but it's probably super rare and a million dollars. So, if anyone here has the Scooter jacket, give it to me.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Scooter is a classic character, one of the real core Muppets. I think people just like to pick a character to hate almost arbitrarily.

Slackbot

Reaction score
It's kinda funny that, only a few hours before this thread was created, I submitted my Scooter, Pushbroom Hero picture to a DeviantArt club called "Love-for-Unloved."