Kermit on The Colbert Report March 14

Borples

Reaction score
I don't see a thread for this yet? Kermit made a brief appearance on The Colbert Report last night. I just watched it on Hulu and almost woke the kids up laughing. It's a good one, especially useful if you can't remember when The Muppets is being released on blu-ray/DVD. :smile: Kermit's appearance starts around 7:30.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, so it's in the second act. Thanks, now I have a reason to stick around and catch it this morning at 10 AM after the Daily Show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just watching it on hulu now...

The best part was the "working with Romney for years" bit. This is the most they've shown of an association with Sesame Street in years.

Also of note, they referenced the Goldman Sacc's fiasco and the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed written by an insider, and how the boss man negatively referred to his clients as Muppets. Colbert adds "That's not offensive as most of his clients WERE Muppets. And Ernie REALLY took a bath."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Even better was when Steven said that no other ventriloquism dummy has run for president since the dark days of Charlie McCarthianism. Double reference to his guest spot on TMS Season 1 and the bit the crew of MST3k's S.O.L. did on the Charlie McCarthy hearings.

When Colbert said Kermit had worked with Romney for years, did they flash an image of Big Bird? *:confused:

Great line about how Kermit is an amphibitarian, non-partissan, except when it comes to pigs. Better comeback when Steven said that the frog got his start in the news field, interviewing Humpty Dumpty and Pinocchio and covered the pigs housing crisis.

Another excellent Muppety start to my day. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
When Colbert said Kermit had worked with Romney for years, did they flash an image of Big Bird?
Colbert always caricatures Romney as footage of Guy Smiley, so they just showed a clip of that... even though the characters were rarely, if ever, seen next to each other.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh Guy Smiley. Well, if he made it more obvious like whenever Jon used footage of Mr. Johnson to refer to Michael Steel.

And Guy and Kermit did appear together, in Do Da Rubber Duck. But other than that, yeah, I see your point.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Kermit made my day by calling himself an Amphibian-American. "Do we all look the same to you?" That same line was in Avenue Q. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit always manages to run the interview no matter what. Love Kermie!! :smile:

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Ugh. Hulu. Do you know if this is on a site that's NOT all region-blocked?