Opinions Obliterated?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I sure do like how you can't even make a simple statement around here anymore without someone biting your head off over being "pessimistic". :rolleyes:
Joseph, the one and only contribution to the "pessimism-free" thread was a negative response to Cindy's post that praised the blitz of Muppet appearances on television.

I didn't bite off your head. You have a history of account suspensions for instigating arguments and other such behavior. I merely reminded you of that thread's guidelines. Can we have at least one place on Muppet Central Forums that's free from griping?

Life's not that bad and if it is you have the power to change it.

All of this recent bile has inspired me to think about making a new smiley for the forum.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Joseph, the one and only contribution to the "pessimism-free" thread was a negative response to Cindy's post that praised the blitz of Muppet appearances on television.
Please explain to me how his post was negative. I saw it as a statement of not seeing commercials. Its not like he said that the advertising sucks or something. Not to step on toes, but I believe you misinterpreted his post and overreacted because you are now the pessimism police.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Isn't that basically what just about all technology advances and such are these days? I mean do we really want or need to replace our perfectly working TVs with the 3D TVs, especially considering not too many people even like 3D anyway?

I've often found that the ONLY technological advancements we're getting are exclusively in entertainment, and priced in such a way that the general public doesn't completely finish picking it up until it's just about to go obsolete. There's no sitdown and enjoy the flowers anymore, cause they keep putting new flowers constantly on the table.

I accept that to an extent, but 3-D TV's are going to be like Betamax or laserdisk... no one's really going to catch onto them. Especially since everyone's sick of 3-D now. It only looks good for a couple things anyway. I'll start to accept blu-ray, sure... but 3-D TV's? No way.

Please explain to me how his post was negative. I saw it as a statement of not seeing commercials. Its not like he said that the advertising sucks or something. Not to step on toes, but I believe you misinterpreted his post and overreacted because you are now the pessimism police.
It took forever to see the commercials for the film's initial release... they didn't start really amping them up until 2 weeks before the film came out. Now that the DVD is out, I'm seeing a Muppet commercial just about every program break. I'm just kinda jealous at the attention that Europe has gotten... milk premiums, grocery store puppet premiums... hopefully by the next movie, we'll see a real flood of stuff. But I'll be very disappointed if the Disney Store doesn't have anything when the DVD hits the shelves.

Still, it's a FAR better time to be a Muppet fan than most other franchises. TMNT only has the IDW comics going for it, with a hopefully not terrible cartoon, and a clearly terrible movie Christmas after Next... and I've been following the Mega Man fandom for a while, and they've been screwed out of 2 games. Other than a great comic book and a weird DLC playable Bad Box Art Mega Man in a Street Fighter game (that I don't think anyone really appreciates or sees the satire in), they really haven't had much to look forward to.

We got a movie, and no one thought we would have.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've often found that the ONLY technological advancements we're getting are exclusively in entertainment, and priced in such a way that the general public doesn't completely finish picking it up until it's just about to go obsolete. There's no sitdown and enjoy the flowers anymore, cause they keep putting new flowers constantly on the table.

I accept that to an extent, but 3-D TV's are going to be like Betamax or laserdisk... no one's really going to catch onto them. Especially since everyone's sick of 3-D now. It only looks good for a couple things anyway. I'll start to accept blu-ray, sure... but 3-D TV's? No way.

It took forever to see the commercials for the film's initial release... they didn't start really amping them up until 2 weeks before the film came out. Now that the DVD is out, I'm seeing a Muppet commercial just about every program break. I'm just kinda jealous at the attention that Europe has gotten... milk premiums, grocery store puppet premiums... hopefully by the next movie, we'll see a real flood of stuff. But I'll be very disappointed if the Disney Store doesn't have anything when the DVD hits the shelves.

Still, it's a FAR better time to be a Muppet fan than most other franchises. TMNT only has the IDW comics going for it, with a hopefully not terrible cartoon, and a clearly terrible movie Christmas after Next... and I've been following the Mega Man fandom for a while, and they've been screwed out of 2 games. Other than a great comic book and a weird DLC playable Bad Box Art Mega Man in a Street Fighter game (that I don't think anyone really appreciates or sees the satire in), they really haven't had much to look forward to.

We got a movie, and no one thought we would have.
Thats not really answering my question but good to hear your insight :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thats not really answering my question but good to hear your insight :wink:
I actually checked out his message from the other thread and found the answer...

He wasn't watching the shows that the thing was advertised during. I replied there... basically, if you don't watch certain things on TV, you don't get the specific advertisements for that demographic. I can't be a judge on if this was on kid's TV, since I do all my cartoon viewing online anyway. Mainly because I don't have cable.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually checked out his message from the other thread and found the answer...

He wasn't watching the shows that the thing was advertised during. I replied there... basically, if you don't watch certain things on TV, you don't get the specific advertisements for that demographic. I can't be a judge on if this was on kid's TV, since I do all my cartoon viewing online anyway. Mainly because I don't have cable.
Right but the issue is someone saying they hadn't seen any commercials yet is hardly pessimistic.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Exactly. He never said that there were no commercials, all he said was that he hasn't seen them [because he doesn't watch the stations the commercials are commonly seen on].