Opinions Obliterated?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Please explain to me how his post was negative. I saw it as a statement of not seeing commercials. Its not like he said that the advertising sucks or something. Not to step on toes, but I believe you misinterpreted his post and overreacted because you are now the pessimism police.
I'll certainly explain without going on for lengthy posts, stirring the pot and feeding into the negativity here again. The Pessimism Free Thread is supposed to be only about the good experiences we're having. We're allowed to create threads with mission statements and that was mine. It was much needed after a thread celebrating the DVD release became dominated by complaints about how it was being packaged. Criticisms, even when they eat up a thread, do have a place on MC. This is the one thread that was supposed to avoid that sort of pile-on gripe-fest.

The purpose of Joseph's only post in the Pessimism Free thread was to complain that he hadn't seen any ads, not to ask for help in seeing them or to contribute a good experience he was having as a Muppet fan. I pointed out that pessimism and frowny faces had no place in that particular section because I didn't want the purpose of that thread derailed. He followed up with an argumentative post and continued with a gripe about prime time television. These aren't huge complaints like many of his posts elsewhere, but neither post has a place in that thread. The initial overreaction to that situation was his. Joseph has a habit of antagonizing others and I cited it before it snowballed. Take that as you will. It is my last word on the matter.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You two obviously have issues with each other. Why don't you just ignore him rather than baiting him by telling him how pessimistic he is :smirk:
There used to be an ignore button. There isn't now.

The recent climate of posts has set a tone of entitlement and griping rather than celebration and exploration. I don't have a particular issue with Joseph or any member and I'm certainly not trying to bait anyone. That’s kind of a baiting accusation in itself so it’s best to avoid it altogether.

I've contributed well over a decade to this site as a graphic designer, as a moderator (when I had the time) and as a forum member. MC means a lot to me for those reasons. I see no purpose in arguing about arguments on a Muppet forum. I’m trying to avoid all of the humorless negativity and pointless pessimism. There are other forums to focus angst. Forums for people who won't get on their meds and out of their parents' basement. I can see that happening here if some moderator guidance isn't taken. This is supposed to be the happy escape from that sort of thing.

I plan to take a much more limited role on Muppet Central. I've left here before for a couple of years during a computer sabbatical. I actually enjoyed that a lot. Heck, I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It really wasn't difficult to do that back in 2006. It can't be done now that most of my business dealings are computer-related again. However, I can choose the best investment of my time. My communications here will be one of celebration of the Muppets, humanity and nothing more. Peace. :cool:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Last thing I'm going to say. We obviously have vastly different viewpoints that are not reaching the other person. I declare a truce :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the record, I, myself, have now actually finally seen a commercial for the DVD release on prime-time television just last night. :smile: :big_grin: :excited:

EDIT: And again just this very moment.