NBC Will Launch NBC Kids, includes Jim Henson's "Pajanimals"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good for Pajanimals, at least.

I'm NO fan of this "Saturday Mornings are for Preschoolers" jazz, using existing programming to fill out an FCC requirement. I can't say I dearly loved qubo on NBC (at least since they stopped airing Jacob Two-Two), but between this and CBS's Cookie Jar TV (home of the Doodlebops and Busytown Mysteries), it's just telling kids 6-11 to sleep in. That promotes laziness. In my day (at least up until 2009), you'd wake up, watch the 4 hours of programming to ease you into the day, and then run outside and play or do something.

But if it means Pajanimals gets exposure, I can't complain all that much.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wait, so this is just a series of shows shown on regular NBC Saturday mornings, not a new station, right?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. FCC requirements. They have to have 3 hours of educational programming, and they usually just pass the buck and air pre-existing programming so they don't have to come up with new programming. Basically, the laziest job in the world you can get is major network Saturday Morning programming exec. Only thing easier is syndicated network Saturday Morning Programming Exec. That's sit on your fat butt and run infomercials and collect an undeserved paycheck.

As a devoted eater of sugared breakfast cereals and Saturday Morning programming enthusiast/savant/junkee, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Seriously... I am a junkee for that stuff, and they forced me to sober up. That's why I'm always in a bad mood.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yahoo! (No, not the search engine)

That means I'll finally get to check out the Pajanimals! At first I was worried that it would be another new station I don't get.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Pajanimals is on netflix...cute..though what I've watched so far just seems like song segments

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It had a calming effect on the children

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait a second...

Pajanimals is a show about kids going to bed.... why is it on Saturday Mornings!?! :electric: