One of those "Maybe I dreamt this" questions

Katzi428

Reaction score
There was a story on Classic SS that featured the letter "I" and there were Muppets in it. One of the characters names was Inez. Now the ONLY reason why I'm second guessing myself is because Inez called someone an idiot. You know how impressionable little kids are.They hear a word & they repeat it. So I STRONGLY doubt that that that the word "idiot" was used. (But it sure as heck sounded like it back then) I don't remember who was telling the story either. I also looked in Muppet Wiki for the character "Inez" but no luck. Anyone care to help?
Kathy (who had thought I had dreamt about the Song Of One simply because I remembered the kid showing his bellybutton! But there WAS a Song Of One!)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know, but I think I've read about the show having a story with a title like "The story of Inez and... (another I name, can't remember)". Or maybe Inez got second billing.

Or maybe you're misremembering the use of the word "idiot", though I don't doubt it was used in the past (perhaps the 1970s). That term was spoken in A Special Sesame Street Christmas (I think Ethel Merman called somebody an idiot in that special). And a number of surprising words have been used on the show in the past. "Shut up" was spoken in Sesame Street News: Rupunzel (and cut from later airings) and "Bad Bart Pays Bartender" (as well as in Follow That Bird).

Katzi428

Reaction score
I don't know, but I think I've read about the show having a story with a title like "The story of Inez and... (another I name, can't remember)". Or maybe Inez got second billing.

Or maybe you're misremembering the use of the word "idiot", though I don't doubt it was used in the past (perhaps the 1970s). That term was spoken in A Special Sesame Street Christmas (I think Ethel Merman called somebody an idiot in that special). And a number of surprising words have been used on the show in the past. "Shut up" was spoken in Sesame Street News: Rupunzel (and cut from later airings) and "Bad Bart Pays Bartender" (as well as in Follow That Bird).
Well I do remember the prince saying "Oh shut up!" in the "Rapunzel" News Flash sketch. (it was cut out? I guess parents complained. )
I wish I could explain better what a Muppet guy was singing a little bit of in the story before Inez (supposedly) called him an idiot.It's normally a Spanish song, but he was just using "I" s (just the letter I...no words beginning with an I)
I think I was all of 3 years old when I saw this,but maybe they pulled it because of the word "idiot"

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well maybe I haven't gone totally nuts. I checked Muppet Wiki & found there was a story called "The Story Of Ira & Inez" .Bob narrated it. But that's all I know about it. Maybe I was younger than 3 because it was show # 80 something. (Posibly it repeated when I was around 3?) shrug

Katzi428

Reaction score
ARRRGGGH!! :mad: "The Story Of Ira & Inez" was just on MC Radio & I heard a bit of it. But the phone rang & I needed to answer it. :rolleyes: